Don't bank on it

Do people not realise that's actually a massive improvement on the current cap of £23k(ish)???!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Care to explain?

What would you like me to explain?
Your posting about tories proposed £100k before they pay care tax right?

I'm saying currently if you have £23k or more in savings or assets then you pay for care. To me that sounds like a much better deal for people?

What would you like me to explain?
Your posting about tories proposed £100k before they pay care tax right?

I'm saying currently if you have £23k or more in savings or assets then you pay for care. To me that sounds like a much better deal for people?

Maybe you should have a proper read at what the tories are planning because you have not got a clue what your talking about, grabbing this silly comparison and going with it rather than read what they are planning on doing maybe watch the link before you make silly comparisons.

Oh well s**t happens, I don't have any inheritance lol. And guess what next generation, more won't anyways as more and more can't afford houses.

Maybe you should have a proper read at what the tories are planning because you have not got a clue what your talking about, grabbing this silly comparison and going with it rather than read what they are planning on doing maybe watch the link before you make silly comparisons.

So if you have money you pay for your own care until your last £100,000 then the government takes over from there. Not really difficult.

Yet again your chatting s**t and coming out with your usual read the link properly bollucks.

Care to explain???

I don't think that's too harsh really. My mum had to sell her home when she became disabled and couldn't get much help until it was nearly all gone...... that was under Labour government.

It could be worse they could take it all. I'm sure other countries probably would.

248d8d65da3ceca170d3aee6909dbd49.png

And under the tory death tax once you get down to your last hundred grand your house is now classed as an asset so once you die your house will be sold and the money recouped, did you miss that important bit?

Your still left with more money than currently though!?
They'd leave you with 100k instead of 23k.....am I wrong?

Your still left with more money than currently though!?
They'd leave you with 100k instead of 23k.....am I wrong?

No because your house now becomes an asset,

The policy

The new Tory policy is to give the financial services industry the opportunity to administer the asset stripping of elderly people who are unfortunate enough to end up with dementia, physical infirmities or other conditions that require social care.

If the elderly person is deemed to have assets worth over £100,000 (the average house price in the UK is £215,000) then they will be treated as if they are rich and made to pay their own social care costs, even though they payed a lifetime of National Insurance contributions to cover the cost of health and social care in their old age.

The Tories have ever-so-kindly said that the elderly people won't have to sell their homes immediately in order to cover the costs, but that they can get "equity release" products so that the wealth can be extracted from the value of their homes after they die.

Creating a new market

One of the obvious beneficiaries of this policy will be the financial services industry who will get to design and market these "equity release" products.

No because your house now becomes an asset,

The policy

The new Tory policy is to give the financial services industry the opportunity to administer the asset stripping of elderly people who are unfortunate enough to end up with dementia, physical infirmities or other conditions that require social care.

If the elderly person is deemed to have assets worth over £100,000 (the average house price in the UK is £215,000) then they will be treated as if they are rich and made to pay their own social care costs, even though they payed a lifetime of National Insurance contributions to cover the cost of health and social care in their old age.

The Tories have ever-so-kindly said that the elderly people won't have to sell their homes immediately in order to cover the costs, but that they can get "equity release" products so that the wealth can be extracted from the value of their homes after they die.

Creating a new market

One of the obvious beneficiaries of this policy will be the financial services industry who will get to design and market these "equity release" products.

But get to keep £100,000. It's not difficult

But get to keep £100,000. It's not difficult
No you don't they take all your assets down to a £100,000 then sell your house once you die to get the rest, which bit do you not get? There is a clue in the name "death tax"

Right so you keep £100,000
You can't sell your house co you live in it and if you did the money would be taken to pay it's quite simple, you can pretend in your head or wish it away but at the end of the day they will take off you in three years what it has took you 25 years to buy. And I wonder who will be waiting to pick all the properties up? They will bring out an insurance to protect you which will be another industry the rich and the banks will create which in the future will turn out like the PPI scam and other mortgage scams.

You seem confused flynny one minute the rich must pay more then the next, you are saying why should the wealthy pay for their own care lol.
Make your mind up lol

But your children and partner might care?

yes.......your partner will shag someone new while your kids grow up....
and yer still dead !!!!

peoples beliefs in the people that govern us is astounding.

not trying to sound dismall.....but politics is doom n gloom.

You seem confused flynny one minute the rich must pay more then the next, you are saying why should the wealthy pay for their own care lol.
Make your mind up lol
Someone who has worked all their to life and payed in who happened to buy their own home is now considered wealthy and is being punished, if you think that's fine carry on and I've never said the rich should pay ive always said make it fair, we have not even discussed the triple lock or the winter fuel allowance, 5 out of 6 will be considered too wealthy to receive it so there are gonna be a lot who will suffer.

Someone who has worked all their to life and payed in who happened to buy their own home is now considered wealthy and is being punished, if you think that's fine carry on and I've never said the rich should pay ive always said make it fair, we have not even discussed the triple lock or the winter fuel allowance, 5 out of 6 will be considered too wealthy to receive it so there are gonna be a lot who will suffer.

Still confused lol, so its ok for ken Clarke, Jeremy Corbyn, two jags, to receive the winter fuel allowance ?

Btw how is it fair that someone who has sponged of the state all their soryy life's get care free whilst someone who has worked has to pay, nothing makes that fair unless it's free for all. Now I'm guessing this has always been the case under any labour led government ?