donegal plasterer first time to post anything im

Members online

old geezer

hi im going to amsterdam when permitted my son stripped all the wallpaper off his flat walls are rough now i would normally do a little bonding then skim with multi finish can you buy multi finish or any skimming in amsterdam ive been looking on lots of places online but cant see anything or is there anything the dutch use would do the job if i cant get multi finish i must do this job to make up for all the times i sacked my son when he was labouring to me when he was young for overflowing barrels badly mixed finish ect also he says i never paid him half the time !

in Amsterdam, for base coat use Gips black or gold band plaster. Gips plaster is sold in UK as Knauf plaster.
for finish use Sigma self finishing plaster. it is a ready mixed plaster in a rubber bag, pour it into a bucket, and keep the bucket covered as it sets on contact with air. just lay down a leave it will finish its self !
you can 1 coat this finish although I lay on 2 coats for a better finish. just brush internals and ceiling lines.
the finish is transparent but will dry white next day. 1 bag of Sigma will skim a couple of rooms with ease.
in dutch a plasterer is called a stucador.
dont hang about in the quarter behind the main railway station, that is no place for a gentleman plasterer!

Last edited:
thank you malc one last question , does the Gips base coat work ok with pva if the walls are are smooth in places and i need to pva them . because you say dont go behind the main railway station i have to go now! its ok because im no gentleman! can say im off to church

thank you malc one last question , does the Gips base coat work ok with pva if the walls are are smooth in places and i need to pva them . because you say dont go behind the main railway station i have to go now! its ok because im no gentleman! can say im off to church

not bad :coffe:

or to find a couple of full stops.

the blocks are called wallpaper blocks. so you can paper straight on to the blocks. we just dub out chases , reveals and the joints in the blocks. then skim the wall. if the plasterer choices he can just skim the joints.
the dutch just use the coloured grit for a key, not PVA.

Use betakontakt