Done first ever float coat today

Members online

Monkey Boy

Newbie to rendering here (like a little kid looking for praise from his Daddy with this post)
Done this float coat today. I’m happy with it tbh. Never done it before nor seen it done. Worried it might fall off in a week cos I’ve made some bad decisions and my scratch coat was crap.
Yes I know that brick work below the damp course looks dodgy - it ain’t as bad as it looks...

Two questions:
1. Do I need to spray it over to slow the cure time down? (5/1/1 mix 9 degrees out now dropping to 2 tonight...)
2. How do you float up over them bell end beads? Along the length or across them? I spent ages on that bit and made the lot look worse probably

I’m ready to be ripped...
934AFA95-9415-44C8-BB98-8D8E3226ACFD.jpeg

Mist it with water will help it cure and not dehydrate. We just f**k off though and invoice. Looks like you did a nice job though, well done.

Good effort.
Take time to check out bell drip. There’s lots of ‘looks’ but yours ....well....
As has been said, misting help.
Bag up those bricks......google it.
Keep it up.

Newbie to rendering here (like a little kid looking for praise from his Daddy with this post)
Done this float coat today. I’m happy with it tbh. Never done it before nor seen it done. Worried it might fall off in a week cos I’ve made some bad decisions and my scratch coat was crap.
Yes I know that brick work below the damp course looks dodgy - it ain’t as bad as it looks...

Two questions:
1. Do I need to spray it over to slow the cure time down? (5/1/1 mix 9 degrees out now dropping to 2 tonight...)
2. How do you float up over them bell end beads? Along the length or across them? I spent ages on that bit and made the lot look worse probably

View attachment 49041
if you've done that today I would be checking the weather forecast for over night.

Two questions:

View attachment 49041
I’d be more worried about your shed falling down then the rendering falling off, did u run out of muck when laying the brick

hawk; sorry don't understand?
Dragged my hawk up across the two beads on that skinny strip on the right intended as a straight edge. Realised curved corners on hawk were sinking it in below bead level so used trowel instead..
Thanks for looking anyways

Dragged my hawk up across the two beads on that skinny strip on the right intended as a straight edge. Realised curved corners on hawk were sinking it in below bead level so used trowel instead..
Thanks for looking anyways
looks like you don't know about the long standing hawk or handboard debate on here/job looks ok to me pal