Domestic guys

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyspread

hi Lads, just been thinking here i would imagine that most of your work will be re-skims and alot will be covering artex, so how do you go about testing the artex do you not bother?I have priced it at £30 a test

your right tommy ill guess none of us bother, I believe that h&s have said that the levels of asbestos in artex is not worth worrying about, I was always told anything pre 80s may have asbestos so i go by that really ive its an old house ill give customer the choice of an overboard or bonded out telling them the risk of added weight just to cover myself.

Yep, I with GPS on that one - heard it can take a couple of weeks to get the results back so not really viable - Overboard, or cover yer arse as Gps says

ive worked the last 15 years on refurbs for different councils,all artex is tested ,only every known 1 test come back as pos

yes lads why I ask is because I am on a job at the momment where work has been temperaly stopped and waiting for tests to come back, but what does frighten me is remebering years ago there where people that used to sand the artex down before skimming with an industrial sander, now I aint really up on this subject but i do know the first couple of years artex was made it had small asbestos particals in it and once this gear is airborn thats when the trouble starts if inhaled, later on in life, thinking back 25 years ago I had 5 years work for the local council re-skimming full houses and most houses had artex on the walls and cielings, if the walls/ cielings where to bad they where covered with carlite bonding first but most of the time i would use a floor scraper to take the points off and just 2 coat board finish it #

with my job being stopped it just made me wonder if 25/28 years ago when i was re skimming artex if each propety was correctly checked in those days,

mate i think your a bit late worrying now,any body thats been any sort of refurb were theres been a bit of demo on old houses will have seen a bit,not just in artex ,tiles pipework roofs! :'(

i scraped back an artex ceiling last week and havnt stopped coughing since, me throats as dry gandhis flip flop

Were having a laugh about this poison that could kill us ;D my throats also been sore and dry for about a week now after an artex number! anyone know the symptoms of aspy poisoning? :'(

if your unsure DON,T scrap it back get it tested?! or float and set it! if it is all ready damaged take a close look at it if it looks like it is held together by fibres it is 99.9% it contains asbestos..

if your unsure DON,T scrap it back get it tested?! or float and set it! if it is all ready damaged  take a close look at it if it looks like it is held together by fibres it is 99.9% it contains asbestos..
where would u get it tested, is there a charge

i havent heard of a plasterer dying from asbestos yet............if youre a sparky youre fooked cause you drill lots of little holes and you deserve it anyway cause youre all coonts and leave youre tails hanging out too far :)

i havent heard of a plasterer dying from asbestos yet............if youre a sparky youre fooked cause you drill lots of little holes and you deserve it anyway cause youre all coonts and leave youre tails hanging out too far  :)

white asbestos as used in artex isn't as bad as other types of asbestos. the dust you breath when mixing up multi is worse for you...

nice one nicksey! ;D ;D ;D

wear a dust mask when mixin up ;D ;Dthe coustomer would prob look n think what the fuk is he puttin on me walls ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.