doing ok . but !

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

Past 2 days been spraying few probs with water pressure which we have sorted out ok my only concern is the spray which is coming out is very ferosious! Is there anyway to remedy this on the .m-300 I'm spraying with a 12mm cap and the air is set back to 12mm the stuff is flyin out and doesn't seem to be very acurate. Thanks in advance for any help paul

This happened to a mate of mine the airline was too near the spraying cap but you say yours is 12mm back not too sure mate really

Stiffen it up a little at a time, sounds like it's too wet mate, when you get it right it's a doddle. Everytime you set the machine up you are gaining experience, it may not feel like it at present but soon you'll be used to different materials and all the little fine adjustments needed so stick at it.

I did think of that but I had 15m of hose out and my pressure gauge was sitting at 20 couldn't reallty go much stiffer as its taking up very quick

could try a lower output r&s......to take the stress out of all your spraying. When the air position is right it makes quite a bassy blowing sound as if its farting in a cave......you should be able to set it up without looking at it just hearing for the right blowing sound

pwi said:
Past 2 days been spraying few probs with water pressure which we have sorted out ok my only concern is the spray which is coming out is very ferosious! Is there anyway to remedy this on the .m-300 I'm spraying with a 12mm cap and the air is set back to 12mm the stuff is flyin out and doesn't seem to be very acurate. Thanks in advance for any help paul
what type cap you using mate?

Eh a black rubber one lol I dnt no the type mate I would think one of pft as it monksters old one

I'm not wasting anything rs its all on the wall but just not very neat seems to be going to fast?

Try moving your air away from the cap even further whilst spraying in a bucket. Also ensure the air nozzle is centre to the cap. The nozzle sometimes bends out of shape.

Render systems!! The plastering machines will be here long after everyone on this forum hangs up their trowel. Everyone has a learning curve with mistakes as i'm sure you did when learning the trade.

I used to love people like you with the "Quicker by hand attitude". Always putting their negative input in when we were having problems.
Leave the boys be brother

i think you have the new style spray caps they step out at the front so you need to allow for this when setting up so if your using a 12mm cap pull the airline back 12mm then another 3-4 mm to allow for the thickness of the rubber

Southernmonkey is spot on about the nozzle cap. If its the cone type you need the air pipe further back. You might want to try a bigger nozzle cap also, say a 14 or even 16mm.

Thanks for all the advice lads I've been close to throwing in the towel with the machines but I'm going to try and persue it abit longer

don't give up mate. even with the problems of starting out it's still better than killing yourself hand applying with inferior results ;D It only takes going back to one hand applied wall to make you realise that it's a daft way of doing things when the technology is there to help not replace you.

Stick at it pwi, spraying is the bollox! and once you've mastered the electric one you can show me! I'm still learning everything that goes with spraying and today tryin to show a lad how to spray (while still learning myself) cos he cant rule worth a f**k. Runnin about like a madman sprayin,rulin and keepin an eye on other rocket at pump. Brilliant when it all kicks into place though, i would never go back to hand applying except for the odd wee job or chimney etc.

pwi, why dont your contact les and ask him for johns number, john is a pft dealer and you could ask him how much for a days training on your machine.

spray into a tub and move the airline back and forward till sprays good, i find that i have to adjust different for different gear, with mp75 my airline is right back and with mono and s&c its totaly different.
stick with it

sprayit said:
Try moving your air away from the cap even further whilst spraying in a bucket. Also ensure the air nozzle is centre to the cap. The nozzle sometimes bends out of shape.

Render systems!! The plastering machines will be here long after everyone on this forum hangs up their trowel. Everyone has a learning curve with mistakes as i'm sure you did when learning the trade.

I used to love people like you with the "Quicker by hand attitude". Always putting their negative input in when we were having problems.
Leave the boys be brother

Hoy i used machines for years bonny lad... nowt against them at all and can you tell me where i was being negative? i just asked a simple question...

Render Systems said:
so how much gear are you wasting every day? and are you supplying?

just sounded a bit bitchy mate ...not the sort of thing you want to hear when you have invested money into buying a machine and are still in the learning process

Render Systems said:
so how much gear are you wasting every day? and are you supplying?
If the comment got lost in translation i apolagise mr Systems, I interpreted it as you were asking how much material he was wasting regularly because he was using a machine.
What were you getting at?

And mr render systems I'm sure you didn't mean anything bad from your comment !! But machine plastering is like starting all over again and you learn nothing until you experence problems its just I seem to have more problems than most ?

nah mate you can't possibly have had more problems and let downs on site than me....if so you have my sincere condolances :)

i was brought on putzmiesters in germany in the 80's they never ever let me down and i was spraying mono and one coat plaster... this is no s h it the bloody germans used to try and f u ck our machines up as we went to fast ... i have had hoses cut... water turned off... genny knackered... the bloody lot... so i know where your coming from... if you lot look back at all my posts... i am never negative as believie it or not i have been in the game 35 years and have done it all... and have had to put up with learning curves... so that said best of luck and im sure you will get it sorted... i do think that the bl oody machine salesmen gave you a free couple of hours training... when i was in germany i rememer one day being about 60ft up and we couldnt get the mix right so we just kept the hose open and covered about xxxx amount of ducting with 60 bags of material... didnt bother me as i wasnt supplying.... and thats why i asked... ;)

I perhaps should of said aswell we were spraying in 2 passes as in spray rule scratch few days later spray top coat I think it would be easier in 2 pass finish same day I'm just to sure if the cpi would take it or not anyway got my new nozzels ill see how I get on monday

pwi said:
I perhaps should of said aswell we were spraying in 2 passes as in spray rule scratch few days later spray top coat I think it would be easier in 2 pass finish same day I'm just to sure if the cpi would take it or not anyway got my new nozzels ill see how I get on monday

dont spray a scratch coat paul with cpi, you will have no suction at all, spray a pass and then back over again the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.