Doesn’t happen to me often

gps

But when you turn up to do a full 4 bed re-skim and this happens
E0CDFA59-184E-42C2-ACF4-E4DB4A589B2B.jpeg

The walls are just dust every room every wall.

Yukky. Happened to us, we quoted and then when we came back everything fell off. They thought we should have predicted this, wanted same quote or money off etc! but they’d had a lot of building work done in the meantime , extension etc. :endesacuerdo:

Did you look at this job before the paper was striped off mate?

No I hadn’t seen it prior to today, I did the plastering in their last house so already a good working relationship with them, I new the layout of this house so gave an estimate based on that.

No I hadn’t seen it prior to today, I did the plastering in their last house so already a good working relationship with them, I new the layout of this house so gave an estimate based on that.
A school boy error gps. I never price a re'skim until all the paper is off and i can see the true state of the walls, but i am sure i don,t have to tell you that.;)

A school boy error gps. I never price a re'skim until all the paper is off and i can see the true state of the walls, but i am sure i don,t have to tell you that.;)

I agree, as I say it hasn’t happened to me on this scale before.
That have used steamers to get paper off which has blown the the old skim leaving just dust behind it lol, covered in head to toe in sh it at the moment.

I will have a Labourer tomorrow doing all other rooms.

I agree, as I say it hasn’t happened to me on this scale before.
That have used steamers to get paper off which has blown the the old skim leaving just dust behind it lol, covered in head to toe in sh it at the moment.

I will have a Labourer tomorrow doing all other rooms.
What will be your favored way to re'plaster ,sand and cement or other ?

Agree with beader :bananahappy: tbh when I read thread title I got all excited thinking he’s done it , he’s only gone and bit the bullet , go Gordy go :descansando:

When I seen the thread title I thought you was going to say you went a day without starting an argument.

In the other rooms just drill holes and squirt pva in.....

Had it Monday only few bits though just knock blown areas n float em back out. Only had a few that needed to come right back to brick.

ENjoy

Attachments

• 607A6389-591E-47EC-82A2-614E57CCE1E9.jpeg
    607A6389-591E-47EC-82A2-614E57CCE1E9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 307
I’ve never had it this bad lol it’s literally every wall, the old skim is blown then the render is just dust unbelievable.

Schedule wise that must be a nightmare makes me sweat even thinking about it