Does this sound right?

IanD

I have a metal outbuilding which I use as a music stuido and home office. To improve the interior finish I have lined it with Knauf tappered edge accoustic plasterboard, which now needs jointing and doting prior to painting. My plan was to just joint it and paint, rather than a full skim.

But having never plastered before, I thought I'd get a professional in to do that part of the job for me. Especially as I have a skimming job in the house as well so I can combine them. After being let down by loads of local plasterers who never showed up and didn't seem intrerested in the work, a neighbour had a roofer round whose company also does plastering, so he's said he'll quote for it.

However, after having a look he's said firstly that they don't usually bother to joint plasterboard these days, and secondly that it would be quicker and easier to just skim the whole room rather than jointing it and doting it. For ref the room is about 17' x 10', 2m meter high walls with just a single door and no windows. The job is all four walls plus the ceiling.

I guess if the first statement is true, so is the second. But I was under the impression you always needed to joint, hence I thought it would be quicker and cheaper to just do that and paint rather than a skim? Does this sound right, if you are skimming it anyway can you skip jointing?

I have a metal outbuilding which I use as a music stuido and home office. To improve the interior finish I have lined it with Knauf tappered edge accoustic plasterboard, which now needs jointing and doting prior to painting. My plan was to just joint it and paint, rather than a full skim.

But having never plastered before, I thought I'd get a professional in to do that part of the job for me. Especially as I have a skimming job in the house as well so I can combine them. After being let down by loads of local plasterers who never showed up and didn't seem intrerested in the work, a neighbour had a roofer round whose company also does plastering, so he's said he'll quote for it.

However, after having a look he's said firstly that they don't usually bother to joint plasterboard these days, and secondly that it would be quicker and easier to just skim the whole room rather than jointing it and doting it. For ref the room is about 17' x 10', 2m meter high walls with just a single door and no windows. The job is all four walls plus the ceiling.

I guess if the first statement is true, so is the second. But I was under the impression you always needed to joint, hence I thought it would be quicker and cheaper to just do that and paint rather than a skim? Does this sound right, if you are skimming it anyway can you skip jointing?
Nobody is interested because you're a knob I'm afraid.

If you want a professional to do it then let them do it.

Otherwise, if you're in the Midlands and you can find him, maybe you can hire @ChrispyUK (he plays bass you know)

(Yes he does)

Otherwise you'll have to finish what you started.

(Yes he will)

What the f**k is doting in this scenario?

@ChrispyUK will know.

He's very clever. I know this because he told me yesterday
@ChrispyUK will know.

He's very clever. I know this because he told me yesterday
No mate, you dreamt it, your mixing up reality with dream state because your mentally unwell.
You probably wont but should make an appointment to see a doctor . Sooner than later mate.

You can just joint it, Ames Taping, and paint it. You can skim it as an alternative, then paint it. You don't need both mate.