Does this need re-skimming

Members online

WarwickAlice

Hi,

Please would you be able to give me some advice on the quality of this plastering job? Not having ever seen a newly plastered wall before, I’m not sure whether this is a good finish or not. My gut tells me it isn’t.

The job is the interior of a porch, sadly built by a cowboy builder whom we’re pursuing for remedial works (long story). The plastering was done by a ‘professional’ plasterer, so the builder told us.

What I’d like to know is whether this is an acceptable, normal finish for a professional job, or whether it is shoddy and we should insist on its being re-skimmed.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• B22DE106-5C95-469B-B9C4-17152D623590.jpeg
    B22DE106-5C95-469B-B9C4-17152D623590.jpeg
    881.6 KB · Views: 252
Hi,

Please would you be able to give me some advice on the quality of this plastering job? Not having ever seen a newly plastered wall before, I’m not sure whether this is a good finish or not. My gut tells me it isn’t.

The job is the interior of a porch, sadly built by a cowboy builder whom we’re pursuing for remedial works (long story). The plastering was done by a ‘professional’ plasterer, so the builder told us.View attachment 38350View attachment 38351View attachment 38352View attachment 38353View attachment 38354View attachment 38355View attachment 38356View attachment 38358

What I’d like to know is whether this is an acceptable, normal finish for a professional job, or whether it is shoddy and we should insist on its being re-skimmed.

Thanks in advance!
On a serious note I make it a job of walking round with customers to make sure there happy with everything! I guess he was halfway home with cash in his pocket no doubt, did you not see this from what I see on pictures it's pretty unmissable to even a average Joe's eye!

Hi,

The job is the interior of a porch, sadly built by a cowboy builder whom we’re pursuing for remedial works (long story). The plastering was done by a ‘professional’ plasterer, so the builder told us.View attachment 38350View attachment 38351View attachment 38352View attachment 38353View attachment 38354View attachment 38355View attachment 38356View attachment 38358

Thanks in advance!
Now LISTEN! and take this advice because I don’t normally comment on these kind of posts! “PROFESSIONAL PLASTERERS” do not and will not under no circumstances work for Cowboy builders!! FFS!!!!!

Hi just out of general interested was it a plasterer and how did you get there number in first place

Thanks everyone. Glad it’s not just me. There have been so many problems with this project that I’ve lost my grip on what’s acceptable and what isn’t. And I’m glad I posted on here because some of the comments have made made me laugh.

Obviously I did not know the builder was a cowboy until well into this project; it’s a long story. Of course, if we had known in advance this would never have happened. We did not being this on ourselves by not doing the research, etc! We very much did! Also we didn’t pay on the cheap; we got several quotes and went for one in the middle.

As for walking around the job- we would have loved to have had that opportunity! We went out to ask him if he wanted a cup of tea and the guy had already finished and buggered off. It’s subsequent to all this that all the issues have started to appear!

Excellent work that, no need to complain ,

As long as you have plenty of time to fill it sand it and then maybe get someone who knows what they are doing, as whoever did that definitely isn’t a plasterer!

Thanks everyone. Glad it’s not just me. There have been so many problems with this project that I’ve lost my grip on what’s acceptable and what isn’t. And I’m glad I posted on here because some of the comments have made made me laugh.

Obviously I did not know the builder was a cowboy until well into this project; it’s a long story. Of course, if we had known in advance this would never have happened. We did not being this on ourselves by not doing the research, etc! We very much did! Also we didn’t pay on the cheap; we got several quotes and went for one in the middle.

As for walking around the job- we would have loved to have had that opportunity! We went out to ask him if he wanted a cup of tea and the guy had already finished and buggered off. It’s subsequent to all this that all the issues have started to appear!

I’ll re-skim it for you then go warwick castle for lunch

How long was he there then? Sounds like he was only there and hour or 2 lol. I take it you haven't paid this bodger?

Hi,

Thanks in advance!
il be over tomorow to do it rhight

Attachments

• IMG_20181009_133211.jpg
    IMG_20181009_133211.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 292