Does or has anyone used the speedskim with the metal edge blade? What did you think?

Members online

Can’t get on with it . Just use the plastic to flatten in between coats . Find my self trying use the steel one to polish then end up picking trowel up anyway .

I don’t like my metal edge one really, tiger stripes galore off it. I like my plastic one for good flatten. Wouldn’t recommend

Similar blade to Refina s*p*r*lex, found it useful for troweling large ceilings with the pole attachment.
Also have the blue one for flattening which is very good

I was like that when I started once you get the hang of them. Get the skim as quick as you can no need to get it flat once over whith speed have a cup of tea
No thanks I've managed 30 years with a skimming trowel I'm old school ha ha . Although I have got a nela which is s**t hot lol

The good old I'm old school shout, I still find it as funny now as I did when I was 19.

A speed skim is 4 times bigger than a trowel hence your nearly 4x quicker flattening but people still choose to flatten with the trowel because "old school".

Used a speed skim a couple of times, wouldnt say its 4 times quicker but then again im not the most experienced with it

Used a speed skim a couple of times, wouldnt say its 4 times quicker but then again im not the most experienced with it
It is quicker on flattening but takes same time to dry as speed skim and if you were trawling up. I think some times it dries quicker just troweling becouse speed makes it wet again. Quicker to get the job done not much if ther is. The only big advantage of speed skim. wear tear on wrist shoulder neck

That's a totally different argument in itself though

I finish faster on smaller hits with a marshalltown steel trowel and that only and it can take much longer as soon as I touch it with a s*p*r*lex or speedskim

Will i be s**t in for asking why people are writting it as "s*p*r*lex" ?
That's a totally different argument in itself though

I finish faster on smaller hits with a marshalltown steel trowel and that only and it can take much longer as soon as I touch it with a s*p*r*lex or speedskim