Does anyone still get that felling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebab king

Private Member
Had one of those nice jobs today.Customer let loose with a wallpaper steamer,mullered the plaster. Hacked off back to brick, set three beads float and set the wall.Looked real nice when finnished, one of those jobs that made you feel real good at the end.

i had a job where the client took a 3mm elec planer to the wall to get woodchip off that really made my day ;D ;D

I love that feeling when I look back at an external render or something thats gone really well inside, it honestly means more to me than the money 8)

No its just the money for me.......honest it is.
Fitted a toilet and sink in a downstairs cloak room this morning i charged £130 took me 3 hrs max including traveling and £11 materials.
then i went to strip a bathroom wall paper ready to skim tommorow spent 6 hours and done only 3 walls.
Quoted £200 inc materials for plaster + labour and stripping paper.
Will skim it in 2 sets as only 6x6 bathroom all clear of sanitary ware.

sunday ive got to do a 25m set then drive across town dab 20m, tight coat of bonding 10m and skim it ......second jobs next to an off license ;D........natch me up landlord

When i do the right jobs for the right people that appreciate what we do get i still get that buzz ,moneys not the real driving point for me .

if your buying the beer then Ill try again, when i plaster a room or render externally it make me go all warm and fuzzy oh no thats canabis, when i put a particually difficult cove or cornice i feel relaxed and chilled out oh no thats alcohol. etc. no its still a means to an end

plastering must mean somthing to all of us ,otherwise why talk about it on here when you dont have to ? Malibu and coke for me kk please

Either way, think we all need to meet for a beer, i`m not buying if Monkeys drinking, you seen the sixe of that beer belly.

At one time I used to get a buzz from getting loads done, but I'm 44 now and don't need quite as much money so just enjoy doing a good job if I didn't enjoy it I'd find something else to do. It's nice to know there are others that get a buzz.
kebab king said:
Either way, think we all need to meet for a beer, i`m not buying if Monkeys drinking, you seen the sixe of that beer belly.
I think that's a great idea, Church's breakfast idea never really took of unfortunately, I hope this gets going would be good to meet up.

Thats what wife used to say to me on a Fri night , so in i stroll 10pm on a sunday night , didn't last long, can't understand it , no sense of humour that one ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.