Does anyone own a dog ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigfella

Quick question we are getting a dog and by the sounds of it I might have to take it to work now and again, does anyone take there dog with them to work? all my work is domestic/private jobs so its up to the customer I guess if I bring him? Any feed back would be great

I have a Labrador, very hard to bring them to work unless there is a dog loving customer whose own dogs are friendly and not territorial.sits are not good places for dogs of course, I brought mine to my pals house while we were plastering and doing some building work, his kids loved her and we leave her there when I go away now, she loves it there too, so one happy story for you .

ive got 2 goldfish:RpS_confused: tried to take them to work but the tank fell over when i went round a corner :glare:

Cheers we just need to work out a plan it might even come down to me getting a dog cage to put in the van so I can have him in the van when they can't come in, I must admit I know it's going to be a pain in the arse but its for the missus so I've just got to put up and shut up

maybe a dogfish would have been better Jace.............and why are you driving a tank to work........:RpS_confused:

Last edited:
I have a boxer and sometimes take him to a job if its only a half day or a couple of hours , but he likes to just sit in the van and drool all over the seat. I would not take him into a customers hour in case he did the old bum drag across there carpet.:RpS_biggrin:

I have a boxer and sometimes take him to a job if its only a half day or a couple of hours , but he likes to just sit in the van and drool all over the seat. I would not take him into a customers hour in case he did the old bum drag across there carpet.:RpS_biggrin:

That's not what you want on your dust sheets

if the missus wants a dog then she has to look after it, its not fair on the dog to lock it up all day in a cage thats just cruel.
im in the same situation except i want a dog and she doesnt.......but im snowed under at work so im not gonna get one till ive got at least a week off to help get her settled in to home

If I did have to put it in a caged It wouldn't be in it for to long just trying to work it, the missus can't take it to work, and I wouldn't want it to be locked up all day at home either

we have 2 griffon bruexellious dogs, and they are a total nuisance. i would not get a dog until you or your wife can spend more time with it.
i think it would not work taking a dog to work on domestics. it was quite common to take dogs on to sites years ago, but those days are long gone.
our labourer had a lab which he left in his van, it ate his steering wheel

We are only looking at getting a small dog I guess that doesn't change things but if we don't get a dog then it's a cat and I fu*king hate cats

ive always had dogs up until i moved in with my missus, and if you and your wife are not at home that often then dnt get a dog as you dnt have time to see to it properly, WHEN you do decided to get a dog think about a rescue.....but only when you or her has more home time

if the missus wants a dog then she has to look after it, its not fair on the dog to lock it up all day in a cage thats just cruel.
im in the same situation except i want a dog and she doesnt.......but im snowed under at work so im not gonna get one till ive got at least a week off to help get her settled in to home
I take it you have not been with your misses very long if you have not got her settled in at home yet. The first thing to do is make sure she knows where the sink and cooker are.:RpS_thumbsup:

sounds like one of them handbag dogs maybe get a handbag yourself ;) I wouldnt bother mate they are a pain in the arse and it sounds like you dont have the time for a dog so sack it.

Could work for you tho???
workingdog_zps3db74ca4.jpg

I take it you have not been with your misses very long if you have not got her settled in at home yet. The first thing to do is make sure she knows where the sink and cooker are.:RpS_thumbsup:
got 2 kids with her ones 5 the others 2 been together 6 years

I have a Black Labrador that comes to work with me most days. He stays in the van for most of the day. I fold the double passenger seat down so he has the front and back of the van to move about in. When it's fine, I attach him to a long lead and open the side door so he can sit out. I walk him at crib time and lunchtime and usually stop somewhere on the way home to give him a good run. He has eaten about half of my gear knob and leaves dribbly knob juice on my seat covers occasionally, and he licks the windows. A few weeks ago he decided to dig into a stack of bags of joint filler in the back of the van. It looked like a ******* snow storm in there. Wouldn't be without him though.

I have a Black Labrador that comes to work with me most days. He stays in the van for most of the day. I fold the double passenger seat down so he has the front and back of the van to move about in. When it's fine, I attach him to a long lead and open the side door so he can sit out. I walk him at crib time and lunchtime and usually stop somewhere on the way home to give him a good run. He has eaten about half of my gear knob and leaves dribbly knob juice on my seat covers occasionally, and he licks the windows. A few weeks ago he decided to dig into a stack of bags of joint filler in the back of the van. It looked like a ******* snow storm in there. Wouldn't be without him though.

Thats ace

If I did have to put it in a caged It wouldn't be in it for to long just trying to work it, the missus can't take it to work, and I wouldn't want it to be locked up all day at home either
the house is far bigger than the cage

ive a rhodesian ridgeback she stays at home while im at work but im mostly home for 2ish. if theres no chance of rain and its sunny out i leave the back door open so she can go in and out when she wants IMGP0853 AP.jpg

whats crib?

Quick question we are getting a dog and by the sounds of it I might have to take it to work now and again, does anyone take there dog with them to work? all my work is domestic/private jobs so its up to the customer I guess if I bring him? Any feed back would be great

Fella who trained me up had a paterdale terrier, he was happy to just sit in the van with the window open, well trained is the key, used to let him out when we were having a brew etc. all depends on the dog really

:RpS_laugh: Dribbly knob juice NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.