Dodgy stud work

• Thread starter Deleted member 32554
  • Start date

Members online

D

Deleted member 32554

And for my next mad post....
When possible to straighten out dodgy stud and ceiling joists I score the wood and apply board adhesive and level off with a straight edge , anyone else , lurpack perhaps ?

9A529A0F-9C48-4653-A05B-71F9DCA615BC.gif

Use 15mm boards then just miss that joist out lol! :guitarra:
Only been on a site a few times ( 20 y ago ) and from what I experienced , that's probably acceptable, I've seen the quality , do you know how much / m 2 for skimming houses ( London rates ) . I can slap plenty on to that standard

Only been on a site a few times ( 20 y ago ) and from what I experienced , that's probably acceptable, I've seen the quality , do you know how much / m 2 for skimming houses ( London rates ) . I can slap plenty on to that standard

No I’ve never been to London but I hear one can make ones fortune @£6.76 per square metre.

In all fairness, Schluter who make tiling board and all that s**t, call it wet shimming. You use tile Addy to level out the stud work, board, let it go off then screw it tight.

In all fairness, Schluter who make tiling board and all that s**t, call it wet shimming. You use tile Addy to level out the stud work, board, let it go off then screw it tight.
Not sure if that would hang off cieling joists as thick as board adhesive ,