Dodgy Boarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

So our team (me and stolen stilton) turned up to a job his week, a shop in warwick for a builder. he got some lads to do the dabbing and we were just there to skim. there were big gaps everywhere, half inch step in the boards, reveals 30mm out. and the cheeky **** had the nerve to leave us this message!

IMG00012-20101124-0926.jpg

so i left them this one in return

IMG00014-20101124-0926.jpg

then as john was finishing the boarding they couldn't be arsed to do, look what he found, the latest addition to our team.

IMG00015-20101124-1526.jpg

:RpS_laugh:
Nice one!! I hate skimming 'builders' boarding like you say, steps & gaps that you could park a car in, between most of the boards :RpS_mad:
Last one I did was an attic conversion about 4 months back. I had all the angles & coves with great gaps to fill & flapping boards where they hadn't got a joist to screw too, added practically 2 days to the job!! Thing is they whine about the money & still expect first rate work as they've done you a favour!!!

oh that reminds me, they'd dabbed onto ply that was hanging off the wall, and dabbed onto a stud aswell

Builders think they are the best tradesmen ever. Dickheads, the lot of them. They treat plasterers like s**t on their shoe and don't want to pay!! I'd have probably spat the dummy, reading that on a job i was about to start! I don't do work for any builders now. Period.

Worked for one builder who insisted that I boarded the ceilings in an extension one Friday - even though there were no windows in and he hadn't cross-noggined the joists which were 2 feet[600mm] centres. Came back on the Monday and it was like the Atlantic, boards bowing all over. F*cked off onto another job while his crew spent the next 2 days in the attic space fixing noggins above the boards. Funny as fuk:RpS_laugh:

oh that reminds me, they'd dabbed onto ply that was hanging off the wall, and dabbed onto a stud aswell

f++king hell, similar to a ceiling i did a month ago, bloke said its all boarded and all i need to do is knock up straight away and away i go... I was there to midday fixing the ceiling, gaps all around ceiling, damaged boards, screws sticking out and in some places 7-8mm between boards, the guy there got back to the job at about 1 and i was only knocking up the second coat and he said to me i have been there since 9 and what i have been doing? total idiots man, was a lesson learned tho .....

i know where ur coming from mate probably got some pole or other idiots to do it on the cheap coz anybody can do boarding right yeah ....hehehe id have left an old trowel and said do the f@@kin skimming too pal

I've found a few of them rats steve rippin old ceilings down :RpS_biggrin:
Last one i thought was plastic at first it was that hard.
Oh well always good for a laugh throw em in your mates lunchbox:rolleyes)

i put it right next do his drill and when he saw it he let out a little girly scream/dance. we found one last winter, it was perfectly flat and green it had been there that long

Status
Not open for further replies.