Do you use the same size trowel???

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone using the same trowel size for applying,flattening off and finishing?!
Always used 14inch Marshall town for everything but looking at getting a supaflex and a plastic flex but does everyone use the same size was looking at 16 inch in both and using the 14 Marshall town to put it on with.

scottie5

Private Member
You'll hardly notice any difference using a s*p*r*lex a couple of inches longer than the trowel your used to.

Danny

Administrator
lay on with a 13 and a 16 on board-work..... flatten with a @Speedskim and may lick over with an 18.... s*p*r*lex towards the end :D

But I can do the whole process with my trusty 13 :D

Deri

16"MT and 16"Regina s*p*r*lex most of the time.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

CeeVee

16" Marshalltown start to finish usually.
Other tools in different circumstances.
Hate s*p*r*lex.

Danny

Administrator
The thing is I think new plasterers need to master the use of one trowel and when they can use it to a high standard then they can use speedskim spats etc to save time and joints....

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

scottie5

Private Member
£1.80m2 how do you get it :envidioso ?= move to Grimsby keith..

I Don't know how I do it for the money I really don't (y).
It nearly looked acceptable aswell.
20160330_111250.jpg

20160330_111149.jpg

scottie5

Private Member
I'd say Tommy was well pissed off doing that. (y) nice work Scott
He's a good lad.(y) hes taught me everything he knows, which admittedly only really consists of .

1-All cats are left handed which Is why you seldom see them using scissors.
2- go ugly early as it makes them feel special.
3- Never eat brown sweetcorn.
:rayos:

theclemo

Private Member
Thats the plastermans sideline.....he also runs "thebincleaningman" at the weekends
Would you believe and am not joking that there is more money in bin cleaning then skimming. As I know a bloke that is at it.

Nicm

I've heard of a plasterer who has an ice cream van and that's his job in the summer months.And yes he makes more money selling ice cream.

GrantyBoy

I always have a wee chuckle when I ready these stories of paperboy XYZ making more money than plasterer ABC. It's bullshit in reality, I mean sure there's the exceptions to the rule with plasterer X who is semi-retired and works a few days a week or plasterer Y who is on a terrible price and is slow as s**t and his mate makes more stacking in ASDA but it's certainly not the norm. Any GOOD plasterer with a brain will make good money.

I'm off to ebay now to buy a jetwash for the van, anyone need their bins cleaned?

Danny

Administrator
I always have a wee chuckle when I ready these stories of paperboy XYZ making more money than plasterer ABC. It's bullshit in reality, I mean sure there's the exceptions to the rule with plasterer X who is semi-retired and works a few days a week or plasterer Y who is on a terrible price and is slow as s**t and his mate makes more stacking in ASDA but it's certainly not the norm. Any GOOD plasterer with a brain will make good money.

I'm off to ebay now to buy a jetwash for the van, anyone need their bins cleaned?
Too right.... its not the job that makes the money it's the person behind it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.