do you pva brick?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinum

do you always pva bare brick.... for example if you were gonna put a bonding coat on or use drywall adheive???

No PVA again LOL just wet it down to control suction and dust.

dont think ive ever pva'd brick in my life..
suction is what creates a key and most background plasters are developed round this fact...
engineerings are gonna want at least an sbr slurry to create the key or maybe even eml sheets..

thistle bondit is for backgrounds without any suction, the polymer based liquid sticks to the substrate and the sand in it is what gives you back the key in absence of suction..

always pva bricks that are really dry and thermolites with a really weak pva before boarding so it soaks into the block and doesnt just sit on the suface of the blocks

bet that makes a grand old mess of the roller..
good brush down and stick the hosepipe on it..
or stick water on with a brush...
sppose you could do that with pva though?
ill shut up now..

id gypbond and bonding coat all brick where poss inc engineering brick ......you dont have the key that a concrete block has

ooooo if my old gaffer at damp proof were to hear you spunky... she'd cut your tongue out ;D

bonding on brick... specially old damp brick..
she'd have everything below 5m done with waterproofed render..no ifs no buts..
'bonding? BONDING??? ON MY JOB!!!!' etc..

then id have to retort to her is it an external /internal single/ twin skin?.......i have damp proofed with bonding before though over bitumen cause the builder forgot to add sand .........its no excuse though is it ;D

yeh.......see i knew what i was doing all along.........err i was just testing you all :).......... :-\..errr

if its a dusty, shitty background then yes i would pva else your just gonna dab or whatever to the the dust and then pop goes the weasel lol.

Rich B

platinum if you use wba bonding coat youre not governed by a minimum thickness so check the wall with a straight edge and if its nice and flat just give it a tight coat of bonding .....but make sure its neat

Status
Not open for further replies.