Do you board or have joiners do it/get the tenant to get someone in

Members online

Removed_User

Been thinking about how my plan is going to go and who I want to be exactly for next year.
As a one man band starting off I imagine boarding my own ceilings would be difficult with dot n dab obviously being an easy one man job.

What do you guys do? You do it yourselves? With a mate who you work with? Call another trade? Let the tenant sort it?

Or even, how often is it already sorted for you just to go in and do the trowel magic?

Use a prop, piece of cls, board lifter, make your own board hangers, I wouldn’t let someone else do it if you have any problems you’ll be passing the book to each other

6x3s are piss easy on your own anyway.

Builders have nicked our work and usually do the boarding whereas on private jobs you'll do your own.
Big sites have split the trade into little pieces to get it cheap with firms only doing the dabbing...seperate firms fixing to timber and often different firms again fixing to steel.

Starting off on domestics is doing jobs that are quick and easy to get in and out of that pay quickly. Get some money behind you and build up your kit and move on to slightly bigger jobs. Build your reputation and don't get sucked in to taking every job that comes along. Early on i got builders phoning up on spec to offer work, I soon worked out that some of them are chancers that can't get decent plasterers to work for them.

Starting off on domestics is doing jobs that are quick and easy to get in and out of that pay quickly. Get some money behind you and build up your kit and move on to slightly bigger jobs. Build your reputation and don't get sucked in to taking every job that comes along. Early on i got builders phoning up on spec to offer work, I soon worked out that some of them are chancers that can't get decent plasterers to work for them.
We tack dab and skim are own plots because we know the boarding and dabbing is done right.cant stand skim over other bellends shoddy work
*we.. Like I said, a ceiling is much more faffing around with one man

most jobs I do have been pre boarded joiners wanting their bite of the cake suits me fine don't like boarding any way sore on a bald head

Been thinking about how my plan is going to go and who I want to be exactly for next year.
As a one man band starting off I imagine boarding my own ceilings would be difficult with dot n dab obviously being an easy one man job.

What do you guys do? You do it yourselves? With a mate who you work with? Call another trade? Let the tenant sort it?

Or even, how often is it already sorted for you just to go in and do the trowel magic?

Good job youve got a fit bird coz you clearly ant got a clue about F*****g plastering!

Have just done a course or summet?

I
Good job youve got a fit bird coz you clearly ant got a clue about F*****g plastering!

Have just done a course or summet?
I've always worked with firms where everything including manpower is provided, so I apologise if I'm a little lost as to how to operate as a sole trader. Away and take your snide comments elsewhere

Pics of said fit bird please
20180815_222432.jpg

Just have a go with 6x3s , its honestly not that difficult mate.

LOL UGlY GINGER b*****d HA HA HA WOW WHAT A f**k**g CHUNTER. GOOD Work on the misses though I'd reck her. She defo deserves better than you mate!
Are you actually serious? How old are you again. Good luck trying to get one of the decent guys here to do ANYTHING for you. Your a horrible, evil little man. Signing up for a ofrum to try and get a free job done, then go on to call every one of us on it a c**t. then slate everyone once more bafter some tried to give you helpful advice. You'll get nowhere in life mate

Are you actually serious? How old are you again. Good luck trying to get one of the decent guys here to do ANYTHING for you. Your a horrible, evil little man. Signing up for a ofrum to try and get a free job done, then go on to call every one of us on it a c**t. then slate everyone once more bafter some tried to give you helpful advice. You'll get nowhere in life mate
ha ha how old am I? You attacked me from the off before I even spoke to you after only asking for a quote. You're f**k**g deluded mate! Fcking re***d. I see the reason why why you spend your whole time playing with wood and plaster. Single cell organism! Thick f**k. Btw your misses will leave you and screwa round behind your back with good looking people like me I'm telling you that now because no woman will stay with a FUGLY c**t like you no chance! Youre welcome!

Plasterer who can't stick a few 6x3 boards up on their own.....
Don't make em like they used to.
load of slabbing nails in the mouth, head on the board and fire them up, knew a fella had a sponge hat for ease

Better off doing it yourself otherwise it will probably be shite with little bits everywhere plus you don’t want to be screwing all the screws in properly and replacing those that have popped the paper or making sure they got a proper fixing