do any of you self-employed guys use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a quote I had for some electrical work in France,
it made me think I really should put something similar on my quotes. :RpS_thumbup:

(Devis is French for estimate)

photo-1706.png

i had the same with my electrics ....1800 upfront ....didnt feel comfortable with that really ...but is the done thing

no i was just wondering if you all get your money this quickly with small builders and companies you sub -off,we submit a price based on the info given then we do the work we try to get a stage payment then the rest is due within two weeks ,it usually works, but got caught recently as this company came -up with another job in the middle of the big one then sent us on that ,now they wont pay the extras and say we have nothing in writing so i 'am being ripped-off because i have no terms.....really

with this type of customer you must not start any work with out an order number, for any extras you must tell them you must have a variation order before you will carry their orders out. approach the person that asked you to carry out the extras and tell them you need a variation order so that you can receive payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.