DIY SOS: The Big Build - can you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it go, let it go
Here I stand dada dada
The cold never bothered me anyway

Sorry don't know the lyrics just that bit

tbf i watch the program regular I think its fantastic the help that the program has given to some people whos lives have been devastated in 1 way or another....

ive only ever watched it once and felt that the person was just a scrounging scank mumping on about being in depression she wa just a fat lazy cow that need to get a foookin job....

ive watched it many a time and been in wrags seeing kids with terminal illnesses to people with life changing cruel disabilities etc...

I know everyones just having a crack about not getting paid etc but sometimes you need to be greatful for what your blessed with lads!!!

1 weeks money or not aint guna change your lifes forever!!!

Will that sweaty ginger bird with the big knockers be doing the gardens?.
Or is that a different show?.

tbf i watch the program regular I think its fantastic the help that the program has given to some people whos lives have been devastated in 1 way or another....

ive only ever watched it once and felt that the person was just a scrounging scank mumping on about being in depression she wa just a fat lazy cow that need to get a foookin job....

ive watched it many a time and been in wrags seeing kids with terminal illnesses to people with life changing cruel disabilities etc...

I know everyones just having a crack about not getting paid etc but sometimes you need to be greatful for what your blessed with lads!!!

1 weeks money or not aint guna change your lifes forever!!!

I have a weeks work mate if you want it. Only problem is i can't pay u. My sob story is am a skimmer. ☺

Hi @irish_spread, DIY SOS relies on the support of volunteers who are able to donate their time, skills or products to make a difference to people’s lives. We know that not everyone will be able to do this, but we’re just passing on the message to those who’d like the opportunity.

Hi @irish_spread, DIY SOS relies on the support of volunteers who are able to donate their time, skills or products to make a difference to people’s lives. We know that not everyone will be able to do this, but we’re just passing on the message to those who’d like the opportunity.

Hi @BritishGypsum

DIY SOS relies on the support of volunteers to make a TV program which will generate an income , they don't do it because of any compassion to the people featured on the programme.

Getting back to yourselves being a huge multinational that will be mentioned in the credits I'm sure, will you be helping out the working class ?

I'm with Irish-Spread on this one.
We all want to help others in need , no problem there but not everyone is equal in this project.
Bit like the builders trick , no money in this one lads but keep at it and an honest rate is just round the corner......
People just dont want to see that there is one only division in the world , rich vs poor

Get that ginger twaat harry to pitch in. He's always going on about help the heroes. The only ones getting any kudos out of it will be the big concerns. Remember, a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

Sure Harry or one of them is working like any other person , hes doing 12 hour shifts 3 on 4 off fixing ambulances or something with 2 young kids or some other propaganda how we are all in this together and need to pull our sleeves up and all that tosh, we all have to work hard and sacrifice for the greater good - making the rich richer.
Amazes me that the majority of the population believe the spin

Seriously folks , read The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist , its free on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ragged-Trousered-Philanthropists-Wordsworth-Classics/dp/184022682X

Guys a plasterer or painter working on a site back in the 1800's , not that much has changed

I like to help out where I can with various things. So I put myself forward for a DIY SOS project and got all the info from the girl arranging it, and went to a site meeting. I had no problem with supplying my time for free. I don't have a problem with the cast and crew getting very well paid for their services, or the BBC making a profit from the programme. I don't even have a problem with the fact that I (like everyone else) is paying for those salaries from my license fee.

What I do and did have a problem with was the attitude towards people and companies that aren't publicly funded providing up to ten days plus travel etc. for free. The attitude that meant that not only could you not put a photo of you with the 'team' on any public forum or social media, nor could you put in the public domain what you had done or where.

You can only use the phrase "[company name] supplied labour (or materials) to a DIY SOS project." Which given the effort and expense involved seemed a bit pissy. So I decided that my input would remain paying my license fee to pay their wages, put them up in hotels, fund their party and so on.

Having the inside info from an ex-BBC producer meant that I was aware of the budget size for "hospitality and entertainment" that the cast and crew were treated to.

Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so as I'll help out where I can without expecting a medal. I don't allow people to take the p1ss though.

Sure Harry or one of them is working like any other person , hes doing 12 hour shifts 3 on 4 off fixing ambulances or something with 2 young kids or some other propaganda how we are all in this together and need to pull our sleeves up and all that tosh, we all have to work hard and sacrifice for the greater good - making the rich richer.
Amazes me that the majority of the population believe the spin

Seriously folks , read The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist , its free on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ragged-Trousered-Philanthropists-Wordsworth-Classics/dp/184022682X

Guys a plasterer or painter working on a site back in the 1800's , not that much has changed
fantastic book that. read that years ago.:estudioso:

Im only just getting over my appearance on cowboy builders.
that Dominic Littlewoods faster then he looks.
clear.png
:frenetico:.

Plasterers on this now , taking stuff out of the bucket with top of trowel and throwing it on!
I sacked a fella for that , dirty feckers

Feck that , looks like one of those cowboy sites , 20 trades all over the top of each other - nightmare
took a bit of plasterboard out , wrecked the wall.
Feel sorry for these folk , working under those conditions for nowt!

Why don't u donate your time to us for a week explaining why your gears gone down hill or put more effort into your products.

I like to think im quite a charitable chap and do my bit for various charities etc but think that diy sos show is a croc of shite i agree with @imago i dont mind helping anybody out so long as you dont take the piss

If people want to do it let them apply, if people don't want to do it then they aren't going to apply and let's leave it at that.

I've done 2 of these and yes it's chaos but you'll not want for a brew or any snap, and the satisfaction you get helping less fortunate people out takes some beating. Not for all admittedly but if your not sure it's a cracking experience and if you've got the time one that's worth doing.

Now I'll suck till the flack stops flying

Yes but your not helping the less fortunate out? you demeaning them!
If anyone gave a fiddlers feck they would just do the work and say nowt like we all normally do.
These shows are exploiting both the client and the workforce so they can make money and create the impression that they are charitable.
indicative of a lot of things in the big society

Why don't they try and contact the ex forces that they paid to train in the plastering trade after they left and let them give something back. Can't be that hard to go through the records as see who they sent on a 6 week course and call themselves plasterers.

I cant stand these make over shows its a piss take like that buck teethed melinda messenger scrounging stuff for free without getting her tits out etc even frozen food fan peter andre is at it ffs its all bollox if you ask me but the crowning turd in the waterpipe has to be diy sos i cringe just thinking about the tacky crap they put together its painfull

Do be honest ive been off all week injured and getting hooked on jezza kyle it makes my life seem brilliant lol

Status
Not open for further replies.