DIY SOS: The Big Build - can you help?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishGypsum

Hi everyone,

We’re working with ISG, an international construction services company and the BBC on DIY SOS: The Big Build, for a Veteran’s Special and we need your help!

We need plastering volunteers to help with the most ambitious build ever: turning 7 derelict houses in Manchester into a street of homes for ex-military personnel in just 12 days.

If you’re available between Monday 14th - Friday 25th September and would like to take part, please send us a DM asap and we’ll forward your details to ISG, who are co-ordinating an open day in August for the BBC.

Thanks!

7 houses in 12 days thats a normal program for kier homes.
Fair play for anybody getting involved though , worthy cause
clear.png
Its just a little to near Sheffield for me though :frenetico:.

Hi everyone,

We’re working with ISG, an international construction services company and the BBC on DIY SOS: The Big Build, for a Veteran’s Special and we need your help!

We need plastering volunteers to help with the most ambitious build ever: turning 7 derelict houses in Manchester into a street of homes for ex-military personnel in just 12 days.

If you’re available between Monday 14th - Friday 25th September and would like to take part, please send us a DM asap and we’ll forward your details to ISG, who are co-ordinating an open day in August for the BBC.

Thanks!

Hi @BritishGypsum

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Seeing as you are part of a HUGE multi national company, I'm sure you will volunteer to cover the small working class plasterers that do this jobs wages for this job. After all, without them your company would not exist and you would not be able to offer us an unmissable chance to work for nothing.
I will volunteer myself to your generous cause for £250 a day which would cover my modest B&b requirements .

Looking forward to your prompt reply

Thanks in advance

irish_spread

Hi @BritishGypsum

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Seeing as you are part of a HUGE multi national company, I'm sure you will volunteer to cover the small working class plasterers that do this jobs wages for this job. After all, without them your company would not exist and you would not be able to offer us an unmissable chance to work for nothing.
I will volunteer myself to your generous cause for £250 a day which would cover my modest B&b requirements .

Looking forward to your prompt reply

Thanks in advance

irish_spread
Will you take a couple of pallets of uni-finish and a roll of thistle pro tape instead to sweeten the deal Eddie?.

I'm sure @BritishGypsum will agree with my modest suggestion that they will sponsor me with a £250 a day allowance for this great cause. Otherwise it would be a huge embarrassment for their hundreds of thousands of customers that they are expecting it done for nothing.
I will need an answer soon because I have asked Thompson and Cosmos if they would be prepared to give a creaky old plasterer that has been using Bg products for 30 years a free holiday but they haven't got back to me yet.

Balls in your court BG

Given it's for a good cause if I was local I'd certainly give it a couple of days, but I'll tell you this I'd be damned if I would go to an open day for it first though.

Good ol Nisus, that's a new one :numberone:

He's very creative. For example:-

@Nisus "Ah, no. That's not a wavy finish in the skim. What's happened there is that the timber in the stud wall has moved and displaced the boards.

Customer "Why hasn't it cracked then?"

@Nisus "Because it shrunk back as the plaster was drying but still wet enough to move without cracking. I can put it right by floating over the skim to take the waves out but it won't be cheap. Now, where are the biscuits?"

Customer 'Sobs quietly while opening her purse.'

He's very creative. For example:-

@Nisus "Ah, no. That's not a wavy finish in the skim. What's happened there is that the timber in the stud wall has moved and displaced the boards.

Customer "Why hasn't it cracked then?"

@Nisus "Because it shrunk back as the plaster was drying but still wet enough to move without cracking. I can put it right by floating over the skim to take the waves out but it won't be cheap. Now, where are the biscuits?"

Customer 'Sobs quietly while opening her purse.'

You can tell female customers in Wolverhampton are crying while fully dressed ?

I am taking a punt that bg are just supplying materials and have just been asked by @BBCDIYSOS @diysos if they know any plasterers that may be in interested in helping....

Status
Not open for further replies.