DIY Bast*!d Chimney Breast From Hell - Advice Please Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsteve1984

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for your help!

So I am going to be plastering a chimney breast for my mother in law tomorrow. It is an old victorian house with high ceilings. The chimney breast is about 2 metres wide with a 2 foot depth.

Now someone has ripped the skirting off so there is a 7" gap about an inch deep right around the bottom and the walls are covered in artex.

Furthermore I can only use what has been brought for me which is 2 angle beads, 1 25kg bag of browning and 2 25kg bags of multi finish.

I have scrapped most of the deep ridges off the artex ready and cleaned the bare brick around the bottom for tomorrow.

My plan was to pva everything, fill the skirting void with the browning, put the angle beads on and then skim the whole thing 2 or 3 times depending on how well the artex covers.

Is this what you would do with the same materials, also how long would I have to wait before skimming over the browning? I'm hoping to get this done in one day.

Regards,
Stephen

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for your help!

So I am going to be plastering a chimney breast for my mother in law tomorrow. It is an old victorian house with high ceilings. The chimney breast is about 2 metres wide with a 2 foot depth.

Now someone has ripped the skirting off so there is a 7" gap about an inch deep right around the bottom and the walls are covered in artex.

Furthermore I can only use what has been brought for me which is 2 angle beads, 1 25kg bag of browning and 2 25kg bags of multi finish.

I have scrapped most of the deep ridges off the artex ready and cleaned the bare brick around the bottom for tomorrow.

My plan was to pva everything, fill the skirting void with the browning, put the angle beads on and then skim the whole thing 2 or 3 times depending on how well the artex covers.

Is this what you would do with the same materials, also how long would I have to wait before skimming over the browning? I'm hoping to get this done in one day.

Regards,
Stephen
Patch up your browning first ,buy the time you are set up to go with the set as a newbe you should be ok ,she will hate you even more if you f**k it up mate :RpS_scared:

haha im pretty confident in my abilities mate, just want to know the order so to speak.

And I don't really know how thick to make the browning lol.

Even more so when the Browning starts sucking moisture outa the old brickwork, Victorian chimney breast equals no damp course !

Status
Not open for further replies.