DIY advice - Corner tape when skimming?

thestraycat

Hey guys, Looking for some quick friendly advice.

I'm doing a lot of skimming over the next month or so and noticed that the edges of my original plaster are a little rough. Is there a product i can use to sharpen the existing edges prior to applying 1mm-1.5mm of top finishing skim coat? Or is it no necessary? If i'm doing the job i'd prefer it to look as good as possible after finishing.

I'm also doing the ceiling as well. And was wondering whether scrim tape was ever used to bridge the ceiling to the wall to avoid cracking where the wall meets the ceiling. Sorry for the newb questions, just looking for some info.

Here's a pic of a typical corner for reference if it helps.

Attachments

• edge.jpg
    edge.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 330
Hey guys, Looking for some quick friendly advice.

I'm doing a lot of skimming over the next month or so and noticed that the edges of my original plaster are a little rough. Is there a product i can use to sharpen the existing edges prior to applying 1mm-1.5mm of top finishing skim coat? Or is it no necessary? If i'm doing the job i'd prefer it to look as good as possible after finishing.

I'm also doing the ceiling as well. And was wondering whether scrim tape was ever used to bridge the ceiling to the wall to avoid cracking where the wall meets the ceiling. Sorry for the newb questions, just looking for some info.
How long are you plastering?,those questions are pure nonsense.

definate plumbers,probably back with the other neanderthols,grunting/laughing,scratching ,picking fleas out of each other,.........or it could be tappit notice the word tape has been used,yep could be him

Don't bother trying to skim anymore fella let me know where you live I'll come and get the remaining bags of plaster from ya £10 bag maximum though

Friendly place - Representing the trade well i see!! LOL

My mistake, I thought this was the 'DIY PLASTERING - PLASTERING HELP' SUB-FORUM.

Oh hang on....

Friendly place - Representing the trade well i see!! LOL

My mistake, I thought this was the 'DIY PLASTERING - PLASTERING HELP' SUB-FORUM.

Oh hang on....
Mate your charging people for skimming when you clearly have not got a clue so instead of trying to pass blame onto us for ripping you,down your tools and learn the trade b4 you start charging people-now go f**k yourself

Mate your charging people for skimming when you clearly have not got a clue so instead of trying to pass blame onto us for ripping you,down your tools and learn the trade b4 you start charging people-now go f**k yourself

Mate, What are you on about? ... I'm not charging anyone as i'm not a fcking plasterer, if i was, I wouldn't have written this question would i?

Take a moment and re-read it.

I was asking for ADVICE as a guy doing DIY. I thought that was fcking obvious as i wrote the question in the section of the forum entitled:

DIY Plastering - Plastering Help - DIY Plastering

And created a post called:

"diy-advice-corner-tape-when-skimming"