Dividing a big ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get a plasterer in knock up for him an help him youll see.dont mess around with joins do job properly.lounge cant be that big!lol

Rubbish what do you do on the stairway wall you have to break on a staircase ...... Get another spread and stand on his shoulders? Joints are part of plastering that you have to learn

Most plasterers i know use joints, the help numb the pain plastering causes on your body.Helps you chill too.

i have seen loads of ceilings that have been done which the plasterer should have jointed but didn,t and look s**t ,if it,s to big for you, join it

Put tomato sauce thru the mix, doesn't take up for 2-3 days plenty time to flatten out and Finnish off to a superior quality of Finnish. Just last week I skimmed out 948 m2 before lunch then had a cig and was home by 2 bells. Picked up that trick from this forum.:RpS_thumbsup:Don't do the pissin in Finnish tho, I didnt fall for that one!!!!!!!!! Speeds up the settin time lol

If i do`nt roll mine i split with scrim tape.Plaster just up to the edge then remove tape just before troweling out .I done a sports hall ceiling this way, 200m2 split into 4s,done right you cant see the join.

If i do`nt roll mine i split with scrim tape.Plaster just up to the edge then remove tape just before troweling out .I done a sports hall ceiling this way, 200m2 split into 4s,done right you cant see the join.
done right you did say,the right wat is to get 4 plasterers on the blow job claire

do it in 2 but with no joins

am now tackling my living room ceiling which is too big to do at once with my current standard. I am simply not fast enough and I am still a rookie.
air jordan max fusion
replica dolce & gabbana shoes coogi mens jacket gucci clothing outlet
if the ceiling is about 20 square meters and you cant do it in one coz your not quick enough yet dont worry just get yourself a sponge trowel , if you dont already use one then you should , i swear by them , they give you extra time before you have finish it, what to do is mix your plaster up semi thick , this stops the plaster from slopping everywhere and you only need to one coat it , putting two coats on just wastes your time and makes the job take longer, once your thick first coat on flatten it out then knock up your second mix and coat the other side of the ceiling while the other half is drying, then flatten that in, once you have done that , the first half will be ready to sponge, (don`t worry if the plaster seems like its nearly gone off , this is what it is supposed to do when using a sponge , you will find it brings the plaster back to life)once the first half is sponged , take of the fat with your trowel(obviously:) but be careful not to pull too much fat off while you do this, if you do just simply fill it back in with the glut off your trowel, do the same to the other side and you wont see a join ,because its all drying together , once all that is done go back to the starting point and polish in , but dont use water or a brush for this , just polish it in as its drying , but remember to brush your edges is in for a neat finish, me personally i could do it one no bother , but i`v been where you are now keep going and you`l get there , but remember the sponge is KING ;)

oh yes you can

Rubbish what do you do on the stairway wall you have to break on a staircase ...... Get another spread and stand on his shoulders? Joints are part of plastering that you have to learn
listen joins look crap when you do them , and to do a stairway in one is simple , just rest your ladders on the stair well its self all the way thru the mix , does`nt matter if it makes a hole were the ladders have been on your last polish fill the holes with stiff glut wait 20 minutes polish over holes , job done :RpS_cool:

thesingingplaster do u have that on your van. i seen a pic on this site with that on the side of a van

no i dont mate , i just sing at work all the time , in fact i`v been short listed for the live auditions of the xfactor 0n the 18th of june so my plastering days could soon be over :flapper:

listen joins look crap when you do them , and to do a stairway in one is simple , just rest your ladders on the stair well its self all the way thru the mix , does`nt matter if it makes a hole were the ladders have been on your last polish fill the holes with stiff glut wait 20 minutes polish over holes , job done :RpS_cool:
Listen ................can you hear that?........that'd be you're missus screaming

Last edited:
2743895753_cefb06c517_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.