Difficult customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rycarr

I did the job the lady asked if I'd be clean because the last plasterer we had left a right mess......thinking now this customer has OCD I did the job sorted all the extra problems that her have a go husband made gave a very reasonble price she text me with a picture saying I'm disappointed I told you how I wanted eveything clean...I cleaned that place! she sent this pic it showed a little bit of plaster on a couple of the tiles on the floor feeling p****d off.

So ,not clean then, you should of sent in a professional cleaner,2 hrs ,30pounds,
That apart its too easy to find dirt or dust following plaster

Did a downstairs loo ceiling for a couple, they were amazed at how spotless I'd left it even after having to scrape all the bloody paint off the ceiling before skimming it and all the cove adhesive they'd left.. Gave me a few quid extra so was worth it :)

Done two quotes today. One silly bitch tellin me her tiler can plaster balah blah but he doesnt do ceilings. He priced a bathroom lid and three baorded walls at £70 labour :( so i just left her with my substantially higher quote. On the way out she shouts you have gone one of those mixer things havent you ???? Next call. Walking distance from my house. 1/2 bag set £85. Be home for 11 happy days

went to a job yesterday, price to fix some cornice they had bought, but the fellas brother keeps letting them down so they want me to fix it...
Told them id need the sofa, tv and cabinets out the room. As i need to scaff around the perimeter. "ill slide them in the middle of the room" he tells me,
i need to set up a workbench to cut the cornice in the middle i told him.
Bah ill stick a ladder on the patio balcony, you can cut on that outside. :rolleyes)

No way was all the stuff fitting in the middle of the room. and allowing me to move about whilst swiging a 10ft length of cornice.
Turns out i was to expensive for them.:RpS_lol:

I bought that rhino adhesive carpet and wood protection,terrible stuff,the wood stuff wouldn't stick at all,the carpet stuff is difficult to fit on stairs..
from selco

I bought that rhino adhesive carpet and wood protection,terrible stuff,the wood stuff wouldn't stick at all,the carpet stuff is difficult to fit on stairs..
from selco
Build base 1 not bad , push a soft broom through the middle of it as you roll out.

never used the new carpet protector in 30 years.. load of bollox, get a dust sheet down, and dont be fukin rough and sling it all over...lol

Was it easier to apply them ?

Easy to use. Stays down but comes up easily when you're ready. I use t whenever im working upstairs. Cant be arsed putting dust sheets down every morning and lifting them every night. Plus you dont catch your foot on it and have to keep putting it back
but most Importantly the customer isnt going to catch their foot on it and go flying down the stairs It stays Down till im done and leaves it spotless. Probably cost about £2-3 to do those stairs.

Oh and when putting it on the stairs I start at the top and use a 2ft piece of pvc trim to help get it neat in the corners. Takes 5mins

Did a landing and staircase for a young couple once, they were a right picky pair. We had to finish scraping paper off the wall as they couldn't reach (and not quoted for it) they moaned about a scab mark on the wall after we'd left. When I back to see what was up they couldn't find it as there wasn't one.. There were loads of hand prints all over where they'd rubbed every wall within an inch looking for anything to hold back our money. Oh aye, forgot to say just as we were about to go they came up with the inevitable 'can you send an invoice...'

It'd be good for putting down in the ring cassie for when you lot get oiled up and 'fight'. It'd. Protect the ring. Boxing ring, Not your ring.

from selco
theres a knack to doing stairs I'll share it with u one day ,no creases and nice and tight:flapper:

Easy to use. Stays down but comes up easily when you're ready. I use t whenever im working upstairs. Cant be arsed putting dust sheets down every morning and lifting them every night. Plus you dont catch your foot on it and have to keep putting it back
but most Importantly the customer isnt going to catch their foot on it and go flying down the stairs It stays Down till im done and leaves it spotless. Probably cost about £2-3 to do those stairs.
Looks good,I'd of given you a fiver to do it.

it doesnt fit :rolleyes) its a couple inches short each side :RpS_confused:

:RpS_biggrin: he must have got confused, hes all over the place with them there footprints. but seriously, its short either side. the plaster will fall on the carpet :RpS_confused:

Cover up plastic on the roll and gaffer or masking tape depending on carpet or floor ..
Quick and easy.

disposable overboots for me:RpS_thumbup:

load everything up to door overboots on take everything up vica versa on way down...tadaaa!!:RpS_thumbsup:

I believe beddy.is working upstairs? Not actually.the stairway! It is a rollystrolly tidy path to.an upstsirs room?:RpS_unsure:

Did a landing and staircase for a young couple once, they were a right picky pair. We had to finish scraping paper off the wall as they couldn't reach (and not quoted for it) they moaned about a scab mark on the wall after we'd left. When I back to see what was up they couldn't find it as there wasn't one.. There were loads of hand prints all over where they'd rubbed every wall within an inch looking for anything to hold back our money. Oh aye, forgot to say just as we were about to go they came up with the inevitable 'can you send an invoice...'

Curious, I should make this my sig - not a plasterer yet - is this "send me an invoice" thing about basically getting out of paying for a fortnight?

I should make a thread, worst non payers and what you've done?

Nice cheers. Bookmarked/

Status
Not open for further replies.