difference between r and s'

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Wilkinson

Hi

Going to be doing some blanc du literal and Les told me to get a D42. Can someone explain what the difference between that and a twister d63 that I normally use for G00. They look to be both same speed? Id rather not shell out for clamp (presumably Id need a clamp as well) and everything as ive got new d63 twister so id like to use that if i can. Its only one small house ill be doing will it be fine to use the d63? Shall I just horse on?

Cheers lads

If Les tells you your better off with a particular r&s for a particular product then there's a good reason for it, he knows his machines inside out and also the products and the way in which they perform with one another, but no I don't know the difference !, think the 4,2 is slower than the six three,

Hi warrior,

I know les is great guy and knows his **** helped me out loads of times. I just want to know why you need this r and s so I can understand the craic with it as les never explained why in his post. Also Id rather not shell out the cash at the moment unless I really need to as Im skint mate!!

same output according to the R/S programme on the pft gmbh site so probably just mixes it slightly different/different shape worm, sure u can get a twister 4.2. blanc du can go really hard when it goes so be on the ball for your scrapes.

most lads think the 4.2 is a slower rotor but we have never noticed the difference in the speed of that or a 6.3 in fact we just stick with 4.2 now as it does krend should you ever need to put that through.

plus if you do need a clamp just start usuig clamped rotors in future you should get more usage out of them than a twister so your money will make back

The D4-2 is similar in speed but there will be a difference apart from speed as the D4-2 does Silicone e grade. Perhaps les knows as his Company (L&D) is now spraying Parex.

You can always use the twister with another product. If you do get a clamped r&s get advise how to set it.

Hi Ben the d4.2 is made from softer rubber 60 shore .so when using more aggressive products it will have less resistance to the grain and cause less friction so this will help to pump the product much easier . The d63 will work it some times can cause more problems has the rubber much harder I think it's the marble in the products that can cause this. but it's there to make the product much more whiter .

Hi Ben the d4.2 is made from softer rubber 60 shore .so when using more aggressive products it will have less resistance to the grain and cause less friction so this will help to pump the product much easier . The d63 will work it some times can cause more problems has the rubber much harder I think it's the marble in the products that can cause this. but it's there to make the product much more whiter .

I was gonna say that

Hi

Going to be doing some blanc du literal and Les told me to get a D42. Can someone explain what the difference between that and a twister d63 that I normally use for G00. They look to be both same speed? Id rather not shell out for clamp (presumably Id need a clamp as well) and everything as ive got new d63 twister so id like to use that if i can. Its only one small house ill be doing will it be fine to use the d63? Shall I just horse on?

Cheers lads
These arnt the droids your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.