Diesels

Personally I would look to LPG rather than electric. They do conversions for diesels and my son had a Nissan primastar which had the conversion done. ( says the man who has just sold a 4.2L land cruiser and bought a 5L Touareg )

Congestion and pollution charges. All the main cities and towns will be introducing it, and for Birmingham it looks like it'll be £20 a day to go into the centre and there's no information yet on how big an area they'll decide the centre covers.

London is £200 per day.
i drove my truck to Harold hill, Essex, 16 miles to London but a quarter of a mile inside the emissions zone. the zone was marked with a camera. i made 5 trips to this address, i received a letter warning me that as it was the first time i had entered the emissions zone they gave me 30 days from the dated letter and every time i entered the zone after that there would be a charge of £200 per day.

Nissan put a five year guarantee on them, but the biggest issue for me is the range on a full charge being less than 100 miles, down to 70 ish with a full load. o_O
70mls would be perfect for me, down to the Thames and back, but it's almost 3rd the size of my existing one.

Personally I would look to LPG rather than electric. They do conversions for diesels and my son had a Nissan primastar which had the conversion done. ( says the man who has just sold a 4.2L land cruiser and bought a 5L Touareg )
I never fancied the LPG option. I know a few who had conversions done and it was nothing but agro for them from almost day dot

Congestion and pollution charges. All the main cities and towns will be introducing it, and for Birmingham it looks like it'll be £20 a day to go into the centre and there's no information yet on how big an area they'll decide the centre covers.

yup exactly

Electric is where they want people to be but there is going to be huge tax on them in time as well as the oil companies wont like it... damned if you do and damned if you dont