Diamond float

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigK

Private Member
Ordered a few bits so I threw one of these diamond floats on as it was only £6 and I'd never seen them.
Just got it and I'm surprised at it to say the least!!
What are they best for???
Just the same as a polyurethane float??
Hardwall s&c etc??

They are mustard for rubbing up S&C. You dont need to use a sponge after you(ve rubbed up cos the finish is spot on. IMO. The diamonds help fill in any slacks when you rubbing up

Last edited:
there great on hardwall the diamond hole bits stop the suction building up careful how you put the nails in it better of with screws

Ordered a few bits so I threw one of these diamond floats on as it was only £6 and I'd never seen them.
Just got it and I'm surprised at it to say the least!!
What are they best for???
Just the same as a polyurethane float??
Hardwall s&c etc??
Where did you get that from bud?

They will Keith, but you'll either need to email them or phone them, £20 for two day delivery

There the nuts gripfill a bit of timber across the top which will stop it warping and also give your screws something to bite into rather than just through a couple of mm of plastic. (y)

There the nuts gripfill a bit of timber across the top which will stop it warping and also give your screws something to bite into rather than just through a couple of mm of plastic. (y)

Think mines already warped and I've not used it!
Will post a photo in the morning,

Think mines already warped and I've not used it!
Will post a photo in the morning,

20150827_062342.jpg
20150827_062410.jpg
20150827_062317.jpg

Here's mine, will it bend back??
View attachment 6757

I put a timber lath across as a precaution to stop it warping, after the first one I had bowed across the width.
Not sure if it's possible to straighten that, its been abused in transit/or badly packaged it shouldn't be turning up bowed like that.
Think id be asking for a replacement first bud.

Just send it back. Trying to repair a brand new tool to mad. If it was a new van that broke down or was delivered with a scratch you wouldn't hesitate to complain. A float is no different.

Drill pilot holes through those floats before putting screws in to use as a devil float, 25 mm drywall screws then hold in place for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.