DeWalt corded mixer

It comes with a positive downward helix paddle not designed for mixing skim thats why your getting your backward plop buddy

Machine looks good its the paddle thats the problem thats why its splashing outbthe bucket with skim needs to be a negative paddle for skim

How’s your break going mate.
Been nice. Going to that new swimming pool.then heading back. Might be back in a 3 weeks as he has some work needs doing at his daughters.

Meant to be in blackpool in december but no idea if that will happen

Oi @stuart23 why haven't you bought me anything?
I know that I don't qualify for the government handouts (haven't had a penny) but I thought that you'd see me straight.

Machine looks good its the paddle thats the problem thats why its splashing outbthe bucket with skim needs to be a negative paddle for skim

Are you replying to Plastermind1?:

So after 2 weeks of using it its a brilliant mixer cant complain about power of it you can mix a good batch in literally 1 minute however for me who regularly mixes 1 bag in a flexi bucket its splatters out the bucket

I can confirm that my corded DeWalt DWD241 mixer is definitely supplied with a negative-rake paddle (i.e. pushes the mix away from the user). However, it will splash a bit if you just pull the trigger fully (even on torque setting 1 of 3). The trigger is variable-speed but a tiny difference in position makes a big difference in speed. This is a design fault, in my opinion, and I'm surprised DeWalt didn't address something so obvious. I would have prefered a speed dial, so that that could be set to the user's preference, and then the trigger just be pulled fully for that constant set speed, rather than having to carefully feather the finger pressure on the trigger.

Having said that, I still like it - it has plenty of power and gets the job done quickly and easily. I also like that they supply it with a negative-rake paddle fit for skim, and that it's a decent 160mm diameter. For the very reasonable £189 I paid for mine, I'm well-pleased.

Last edited:

I can confirm that my corded DeWalt DWD241 mixer is definitely supplied with a negative-rake paddle (i.e. pushes the mix away from the user). However, it will splash a bit if you just pull the trigger fully (even on torque setting 1 of 3). The trigger is variable-speed but a tiny difference in position makes a big difference in speed. This is a design fault, in my opinion, and I'm surprised DeWalt didn't address something so obvious.

Having said that, I still like it - it has plenty of power and gets the job done quickly and easily. I also like that they supply it with a negative-rake paddle fit for skim, and that it's a decent 160mm diameter.
I agree the trigger could be better but i have no real issue with it... If it splashes to much then you need to alter your bucket so the paddle is full submerged... I have a 1 bagger, 2 bagger and a 3... I have no real issue with splashing....

I can confirm that my corded DeWalt DWD241 mixer is definitely supplied with a negative-rake paddle (i.e. pushes the mix away from the user). However, it will splash a bit if you just pull the trigger fully (even on torque setting 1 of 3). The trigger is variable-speed but a tiny difference in position makes a big difference in speed. This is a design fault, in my opinion, and I'm surprised DeWalt didn't address something so obvious. I would have prefered a speed dial, so that that could be set to the user's preference, and then the trigger just be pulled fully for that constant set speed, rather than having to carefully feather the finger pressure on the trigger.

Having said that, I still like it - it has plenty of power and gets the job done quickly and easily. I also like that they supply it with a negative-rake paddle fit for skim, and that it's a decent 160mm diameter. For the very reasonable £189 I paid for mine, I'm well-pleased.
That looks like a positive paddle mate its coned underneath negative floats in the mix that paddle doesn't it forces the mix top to bottom

I agree the trigger could be better but i have no real issue with it... If it splashes to much then you need to alter your bucket so the paddle is full submerged... I have a 1 bagger, 2 bagger and a 3... I have no real issue with splashing....

There is truth in what you say - I confess I have a couple of Putz 50L buckets, but I often find myself using Gorillas just because I can do 1st and 2nd mix in a couple of Gorillas, and clean them out easily when I feel like it. I realise that makes me a bad person and I should feel ashamed for it :inocente:

That looks like a positive paddle mate its coned underneath negative floats in the mix that paddle doesn't it forces the mix top to bottom

Not sure what pic you're looking at. I don't have my mixer with me right this minute, as it's left on the job, but I'll happily take a pic tomorrow, and post it here in the evening, if you like.

In the meantime, it looks something like this:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeWALT-N519652-Paddle-For-Cordless-Paddle-Mixer-DCD240N-DCD240X2-N/402199527087

There is truth in what you say - I confess I have a couple of Putz 50L buckets, but I often find myself using Gorillas just because I can do 1st and 2nd mix in a couple of Gorillas, and clean them out easily when I feel like it. I realise that makes me a bad person and I should feel ashamed for it :inocente:
Defo negative on mine....
Ahh well bollox to it must of looked at it wrong if its for skimming fair enough

Ahh well bollox to it must of looked at it wrong if its for skimming fair enough

Don't feel bad - I've done the same thing myself, many times. There's something about the shape of helical paddles that confuses the human eye when viewed in a 2D photograph.

IMG_20200718_144556263.jpg

Oi @stuart23 why haven't you bought me anything?
I know that I don't qualify for the government handouts (haven't had a penny) but I thought that you'd see me straight.
What do you fancy mate? New drill, new car, another lake? Not a problem mate, free cash getting thrown about everywhere, I’ll see you ok.