Developer re-rendering (Krend) my front wall or not as the case may be !

Members online

SpitfireSyd

New Member
Hi all. Please be kind.

Been waiting 4 years for our front render to be removed and replaced due to small cracks all over. Our developer apparently has loads to do with another 80 or so outstanding after all this time.

I was told last year by them that its a summer job. It was finally due to start in July 2022 but it slipped to 1st week of October. They have done the base coats and actually told me the final coat needs 48 hours of dry weather. Low and behold one of the wettest Octobers/November I can remember. They kept wanting to send the renderer when it was due to rain on the day, or the day after. On the 3 occasions there was a window of good weather, they never came !

They are now trying to arrange a visit this week with minus temps forecast ! I've just told them no.

Scaffolding has been up 2 months now so I know they will try and rush it through as its costing them. But I can see this going well into 2023.

Its been done wrong once. I just want it doing right this time. But I'm sure for them its a tick in the box exercise.

Can anyone advise, what will happen to the base coats left for months in the rain and freezing temps (2 months already). I did have a chat with Krend who said the base would have to be cleaned if left for weeks and it should not go into the new year !

Syd
 

Dansouthcoast84

Private Member
80 to do!!!!!!!!.

that is a big f up. so i think taken so long as developer would be going through insurance..

tbh i.dont rate krend..


the fact you had a window and no one showed will be down to fact that will be time used to finish ones before you. you cant stick to.dates for external works, youll be in a.queue and not that the renederer ia sat looking out window waiting for dry weather.

id listen to the renderer more than a developer. if renderer goes for it let him. we all take calculated risks this time of year. and it will be his.money at risk
 

SpitfireSyd

New Member
80 to do!!!!!!!!.

that is a big f up. so i think taken so long as developer would be going through insurance..

tbh i.dont rate krend..


the fact you had a window and no one showed will be down to fact that will be time used to finish ones before you. you cant stick to.dates for external works, youll be in a.queue and not that the renederer ia sat looking out window waiting for dry weather.

id listen to the renderer more than a developer. if renderer goes for it let him. we all take calculated risks this time of year. and it will be his.money at risk
I believe original renderer went bust. I do not have a choice on the material used.
I get what you are saying re: availability, but the final coat of Krend should only be applied in dry weather at temperatures of 5 degrees upwards over a 48 period. That's my understanding.
My concern is part od the calculated risk will be left with me the customer. If its a cosmetic issue due to another bad render, developer can walk away and NHBC will not touch cosmetics.
 

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
Hi all. Please be kind.

Been waiting 4 years for our front render to be removed and replaced due to small cracks all over. Our developer apparently has loads to do with another 80 or so outstanding after all this time.

I was told last year by them that its a summer job. It was finally due to start in July 2022 but it slipped to 1st week of October. They have done the base coats and actually told me the final coat needs 48 hours of dry weather. Low and behold one of the wettest Octobers/November I can remember. They kept wanting to send the renderer when it was due to rain on the day, or the day after. On the 3 occasions there was a window of good weather, they never came !

They are now trying to arrange a visit this week with minus temps forecast ! I've just told them no.

Scaffolding has been up 2 months now so I know they will try and rush it through as its costing them. But I can see this going well into 2023.

Its been done wrong once. I just want it doing right this time. But I'm sure for them its a tick in the box exercise.

Can anyone advise, what will happen to the base coats left for months in the rain and freezing temps (2 months already). I did have a chat with Krend who said the base would have to be cleaned if left for weeks and it should not go into the new year !

Syd
Cheer up. Fixing 80 cracks shouldn't take long. Just a minute or two each so I imagine he'll be by in the morning
 
Top