Demoralising

Members online

We have had pallets and pallets since lockdown and it’s all been s**t, changed from multi to board, seems to dry better but this batch we got now just tears and stripes. Rough on, lay down fresh Gear, flattened with speedskim, first trowel and it’s ragging uo as if your flattening with the floor scraper. We don’t generally use much water but there’s no way possible this s**t could be Finished without it. In all our time plastering we have never had so much consistently s**t plaster. Sort it out @BritishGypsum
what artex pattern is that

I sponge my work second trowel straight after initial cross one, if it ripples of course, it gives away better fat to fill in with and the flex2 pass it's a dream. But definitely every batch of plaster is different.

We have tried everything, letting it pick up a lot before laying down, going on it wet on wet, flattening it and leaving it abit, keeping ontop of it. It’s just as if you have missed a trowel out and just tears or stripes unless give it some water and lots of pressure. It’s drying nice it it’s just arm/wrist breaking, that’s why said demoralising, it’s hard work for what we are doing, shudnt be consistently this hard work.
Was you running low on dot

Looking forward to a pic of your breakfast in the morning .
Send me your brothers number when you get time, i need some plastering doing.

I'm gonna cook you that
fatten you up a bit
then put my paws around your
mouth and nose
while you grease yourself up for me

my little gangster
how romantic
20200926_154928.jpg

We have had pallets and pallets since lockdown and it’s all been s**t, changed from multi to board, seems to dry better but this batch we got now just tears and stripes. Rough on, lay down fresh Gear, flattened with speedskim, first trowel and it’s ragging uo as if your flattening with the floor scraper. We don’t generally use much water but there’s no way possible this s**t could be Finished without it. In all our time plastering we have never had so much consistently s**t plaster. Sort it out @BritishGypsum
Speed skim to early maybe! . People blaming the stuff not realising. You touch the plaster to early whith the modern tools super flex speed skim your going to fuk the plaster up. I've notice you got to be bang on whith timing these days. Lay on as flat as pos whith ordaniary trowel aa flat as posible and leave the f**k*r it till the time is rhight

Are you responsible for boarding, board storage etc?
Is it really just the plaster product?
Looks odd that it is one area? Dodgey board?
You getting to the middle and trowel angle is too high? Bet it don’t tear near the edges of the room?

Are you responsible for boarding, board storage etc?
Is it really just the plaster product?
Looks odd that it is one area? Dodgey board?
You getting to the middle and trowel angle is too high? Bet it don’t tear near the edges of the room?
We have boarded (tacked and dabbed, 15mm boards). It’s not just one area, that pic was just to show ceiling was pretty flat after speedskim, run internal trowel round and just tidying up round edges about to start troweling. there’s 3 of us and we all got slightly different methods, and varied our Methods too. The one lad uses a stainless refina skimming spatula, never gives it any water and he had to get back on his Marshalltown with water to trowel it. it’s tearing for each of us unless give it plenty of water. Kept trowel closed down, gypsum coming out Tuesday and taking some of the board finish away to test, we back on the multi for now

We had bg come back to us today and the finish that was tested failed to meet there standards and was not acceptable. We have had a compensation agreed. They have been very helpful, paul has been out twice also offering any future problems to just get in touch saying they are here to help. Can’t fault them.
also hand we had a pallet of pure finish to try, nice and creamy, lovely to spread and finished nice. Just don’t think for us paying the extra for ‘activ air’ is worth it at the moment as the multiwe had last week was decent

Attachments

• C61B1C83-E42E-471E-9377-FD0325266E20.jpeg
    C61B1C83-E42E-471E-9377-FD0325266E20.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 155
  • 4578C806-B054-4F61-AAD2-1577B0D325B9.jpeg
    4578C806-B054-4F61-AAD2-1577B0D325B9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
One of if not the best companys to deal with are bg..I don't know why people slag them so much
Yeah they really dealt with the recent plaster shortage fantastic mate. Unfortunately I’m old enough to remember the other shortages that we had to injure!

We had bg come back to us today and the finish that was tested failed to meet there standards and was not acceptable. We have had a compensation agreed. They have been very helpful, paul has been out twice also offering any future problems to just get in touch saying they are here to help. Can’t fault them.
also hand we had a pallet of pure finish to try, nice and creamy, lovely to spread and finished nice. Just don’t think for us paying the extra for ‘activ air’ is worth it at the moment as the multiwe had last week was decent
Out of interest, are you willing to say what the compensation package was?

I did think about getting sponge on it. Have Run the scrub over it

I’ve found using a sponge is the only way with finish at the mo!!,..I was never one for a sponge,but in all honesty it comes up a lot better,drop in temps don’t help at the mo too,stays greasy for a bit,finding that you are troweling about 6 times to get a decent finish lol!!...I’ve never used the Irish gear,but my mate likes it ..

Bad lot of knauf finish yesterday , first set was a bonding mix , went off in 20 min , had some multi left so topped with that , thought I'd use it to my advantage and put a little set on at 3 with a remaining bag and top coated with multi,, oops 6.30 finish , lumpy and wet patches with other areas going off
Contractor just turned up with fresh multi today saying they had returned the knauf and said they'd had loads of complaints ,,, Travis lol
Probably back on the pallet for the next sucker

POOR STORAGE

Lol

Bad lot of knauf finish yesterday , first set was a bonding mix , went off in 20 min , had some multi left so topped with that , thought I'd use it to my advantage and put a little set on at 3 with a remaining bag and top coated with multi,, oops 6.30 finish , lumpy and wet patches with other areas going off
Contractor just turned up with fresh multi today saying they had returned the knauf and said they'd had loads of complaints ,,, Travis lol
Probably back on the pallet for the next sucker

POOR STORAGE

Lol
Knauf finish is NOTHING like BG multi and you must be even more mental than I thought to put a coat of multi over the Knauf gear.

Knauf finish is NOTHING like BG multi and you must be even more mental than I thought to put a coat of multi over the Knauf gear.
I'll Chuck anything up a wall mate , not my house and I'm getting into full flow with this site malarkey , young lad showed me sponge finish yesterday
Lol

God told me a method other day but not allowed to say as its top secret but only needs 3 passes now after second coat

God told me a method other day but not allowed to say as its top secret but only needs 3 passes now after second coat
ONLY three passes? I very rarely give more than three passes and very often only two. How f**k**g rough is your laying in?

The third one is the pass into heaven, but only for Yorkshire men, because allegedly God is a Yorkshireman, and can apparently can plaster Heaven but needs a lab!