Delehedy trowel

Members online

ryan83

IMG_6990.JPG
Hi all, I just received a new delehedy foam backed trowel but it doesn't seem quite right. The foam backing/trowel slot doesn't line up with the plastic part. There is about 5mm in it but just wasn't sure if this is how they're supposed to be or will create problems. I never used any plastic trowels before. I'll post a picture. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

That wants sending back, it needs to be straight bang in the middle so when you slot your midget trowel in there you can apply even pressure. Apart from that you will find the blades nick easily, if you insist on poncing around with a flexible finishing trowel get a super flex.

i dropped the new look refina blade on my kitchen floor when I took it out the box :crying:.

20161011_192611.jpg

wounded :(.
it actually looked like it might of been decent aswell.
:mad:.

Attachments

• 20161011_192632.jpg
    20161011_192632.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 406
View attachment 14274 Hi all, I just received a new delehedy foam backed trowel but it doesn't seem quite right. The foam backing/trowel slot doesn't line up with the plastic part. There is about 5mm in it but just wasn't sure if this is how they're supposed to be or will create problems. I never used any plastic trowels before. I'll post a picture. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.
Mine was not glued properly then fell apart after a week. should have sent it back to "one stop out of stock"

Mine was not glued properly then fell apart after a week. should have sent it back to "one stop out of stock"

Sorry that 1 Stop out of stock was yet again out of stock. We do supply over 35 different shops with a range of tools, we find its fair to keep them unto date with orders etc, sadly this means we go without sometimes. We are constantly chasing our manufacturers for deliveries etc

Sorry that 1 Stop out of stock was yet again out of stock. We do supply over 35 different shops with a range of tools, we find its fair to keep them unto date with orders etc, sadly this means we go without sometimes. We are constantly chasing our manufacturers for deliveries etc
Do any stockists that you no still have them ? was trying to buy the refina plaziflex but they seem to be like gold dust , so going to give them a try

There is one in Nottingham now dal , try them, my mate went the other week and got some stuff.

Thanks for your replies. I just had visions of someone at the other end of the phone saying it's meant to be like that mate. It's getting replaced now. I also tried 1 stop first too but out of stock. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for your replies. I just had visions of someone at the other end of the phone saying it's meant to be like that mate. It's getting replaced now. I also tried 1 stop first too but out of stock. Thanks again for the help.

ah that is good :D Least it will be replaced :D

i dropped the new look refina blade on my kitchen floor when I took it out the box :crying:.

View attachment 14284
wounded :(.
it actually looked like it might of been decent aswell.
:mad:.
I used them when they first came out . Done about four blades in within a year so thought f**k that's exspensive and used it's a floor scraper ..load of b*ll***s I think stick to mt of Nela ..

IMG_0621.JPG
Hi I have never had a plastic trowel before but this arrived from tfortools off Amazon shrink wrapped and came in three bits, and a crease in the foam blade not seen in pic. The trowel rivet popped. ? Is this usable do you need the foam bit. Can't see how it would improve my plastering though.

Last edited:
Looks like it's not right but could it not be a good idea to have it like that? Some people won't believe you could get a left and right handed trowel, it was always referred to as a bricky trowel. Well you can and that comes down to when it's broken in and it will wear and sharpen on one side, the old steel trowels used to wear down on the front which gave it it's shape, so if you was to slot your midget trowel into this off centre plastic from both sides it would be more broke in for you if your a leftie or righty :) just a thought

View attachment 14701 Hi I have never had a plastic trowel before but this arrived from tfortools off Amazon shrink wrapped and came in three bits, and a crease in the foam blade not seen in pic. The trowel rivet popped. ? Is this usable do you need the foam bit. Can't see how it would improve my plastering though.

send it back :D

Thanks but trying to send it back but getting the cold shoulder treatment off them at the moment. Just wanted to try a plastic float. If I buy another and they eventually replace this and it turns out I don't like them.. can't afford to many plastering tools , just a part timer.

Thanks but trying to send it back but getting the cold shoulder treatment off them at the moment. Just wanted to try a plastic float. If I buy another and they eventually replace this and it turns out I don't like them.. can't afford to many plastering tools , just a part timer.
I think these are a nice little buy really liking it at the minute I'm a fan of speedskim so nice to carry on with the plastic

Thanks for the link Danny, should have gone there in the first place, would be plastering my bathroom with it now, anyway started Amazon claim so should be ok if not will glue it back together and cut it down to 16" with the sthillsaw & re-rivet the trowel....somone mention speedskim, what a contrast to this buy. Order one day receive the next and in a very tidy package. Couldn't fault their service.

Thanks for the link Danny, should have gone there in the first place, would be plastering my bathroom with it now, anyway started Amazon claim so should be ok if not will glue it back together and cut it down to 16" with the sthillsaw & re-rivet the trowel....somone mention speedskim, what a contrast to this buy. Order one day receive the next and in a very tidy package. Couldn't fault their service.

A bit of teething problems but they will work it out I am sure :D

I do like amazon though :D

Hey, that Delehedy link worked out, they are on the case. Looks sorted & will let you know how it turns out. Cheers again for that.