Dehumidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

Had a thought yesterday. Do you think it'd be viable to buy a dehumidifer and hire it out to customers after the jobs finished? Obviously not all would want it but k get so many people asking how soon they can paint it and can they get the heating in to dry it out. I always advise customers to leave the heating off until it's fully dry. But a dehumidifier just takes the moisture out of the air so shouldn't affect the plaster?

Most skimming dries with 3 days so its not a long time to wait and IMO most people needs 3 days to pick what colour paint they want...............:RpS_thumbup:

yeah maybe Beddy. I've loaned mine for free to a customer before now because she lived round the corner and used her house for a creche business and made me lots of cups of tea and had good banter. Those are my terms lol.

but I've asked people if they have one when they want a room dry in a rush and a couple have bought them so maybe people would hire them. Not like they have to be super expensive. If you loaned it for a tenner a day - depending where they lived - might be a good venture

An industrial one small enough for domestic work is about 200 notes. Was thinking say £20 for an average job (1 room) chances are im passing by regularly so could pick it up on my travels

sounds like a good idea... worst case is you use it in your own house :)

We have one where we leave and it helps heat the place :)

Is this the Beddy Blower?? Part of the Beddy Practical Solutions Range......................:RpS_thumbup:

An industrial one small enough for domestic work is about 200 notes. Was thinking say £20 for an average job (1 room) chances are im passing by regularly so could pick it up on my travels

You can pick up a decent one for around £50 but that may be best only for domestics. But then that may be where the money is as they are less likely to have one and often are doing everything last minute (Ie, bathroom from start to finish the day before the estrnaged family come to stay).

I have a small one like that jess but its not the greatest. Dehumidifier. Not my penis.

Last edited:
Had a thought yesterday. Do you think it'd be viable to buy a dehumidifer and hire it out to customers after the jobs finished? Obviously not all would want it but k get so many people asking how soon they can paint it and can they get the heating in to dry it out. I always advise customers to leave the heating off until it's fully dry. But a dehumidifier just takes the moisture out of the air so shouldn't affect the plaster?

Blimey bed are you waiting for a wall to go off or something:huh:

Ive seen plaster crack with a dehumidifier .... Ive had customers ask me if they use theres to speed it up ... sucks the moisture out of plaster imo... I can honestly say its something I wouldn't offer ... Im sure BG and other suppliers wouldn't recommend it

@beddy Steve why don't you put the £20 on the job anyway just in case they might want to use one, then make out you'll lend it them for free so you look like a savage nice bloke and they'll prob give you a drink also lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
There selling 12ltr ones at screwfix for £99.99 at the mo special offer

The problem you will have though beddy if your anything like me is that you will feel to tight saying that you will hire them after you've struck up a rapour over a couple of days etc and bet your and will just end up saying lending through grated teeth then have the hassle of having to go back to collect afterwards etc

Will be a 100 quid white elephant fela!

ill give it a miss then i defninatly dont have room for a blaady elephant in my truck

There selling 12ltr ones at screwfix for £99.99 at the mo special offer

We have been looking at dehumidifiers for our house, researching the options and prices..... saw this thread and then your post and had a butchers at the Screwfix one - It is only the one we were considering following a great review by Which!!

So, ordered on line and collected same day!

Cracking bit of kit..... Cheers Marshy!!

if you have a Screwfix acct and want to try and get some extra discount on this refferal (LOL) I'll confirm it for you if you want!

Cheers mate!

(BTW - @Danny... get onto Screwfix as a sponsor!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not that big.... but you have to leave it for 4 hours to settle before switching it on after transporting it anywhere, where it may have shook the refridgerant up....

Also, not an expert on plaster... but will sucking the moisture out make it dry too quick and potentially crack? I'll check with our Tech dept monday....

Who gives better reviews than which, Rich..............but stay away from this or that...................:RpS_thumbup:

I have a dehumidifier. Works perfectly. I am living in a place where humidity remains always high . Generally, humidity climbs from 70% to 95% . After running dehumidifier relative humidity remains 50%, which is much proficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.