dashing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserRemoved

(pebble dashing) i was called by a m8te if i wanted to go and look at a dashing job no thanks.
he called me to day and said that the guy had a price for £650 with mats 2 days work wtf.
3 bed (terrace)(frunt only) 3 windows 1 door the guy is working of a tower no scaff
so thats too hack off old peble dash scrach coat bead up then dash in two days
ps its comes with a 10year gaurentee.
come on lads how can it be done in two days for £650

he can spend most of the day taking it off, as its only gonna take an hour max 2 scratch the front. the only beads are gonna be bellcast or stops at the bottom

lol m8te but we are spobs in kent lol i think there is returns round the windows m8te soo will need corner beads i like the upvc ones

carping said:
no sbr :mad: 3bed house m8te hack off old then scrach coat and bead up too in one day woooow

Why would he want to use SBR? If the old dashing comes of reasonably easily then it would two very easy days. No beads needed for angles when dashing. Just to be sure that I'm not making a tit of myself could you please put up a Youtube clip of something loosely connected with this so I know a little more about it ;)

i dont do dashing jobs m8te my m8te dus i was going to help him out with it i thort you did use corner bead same as norm render sorry i was ronge my bad

i was repairing some dashing on a house 2 streets from Farnborough airfield, i`m balanced on the edge of the conny troweling dash at the corner when a mig came over the roof, and went vertical above the house, once i got over the shock and looked up all you could see were the burners and vibration was literally shaking the fooking dash off.Three seperate times this twax almost blew me off the ladders.lol

kebab king said:
i was repairing some dashing on a house 2 streets from Farnborough airfield, i`m balanced on the edge of the conny troweling dash at the corner when a mig came over the roof, and went vertical above the house, once i got over the shock and looked up all you could see were the burners and vibration was literally shaking the (german word) dash off.Three seperate times this twax almost blew me off the ladders.lol
;D

As said no beads and if possible no scaff, a couple of lads i used to use done houses of ladder cripples all the time no ledgers or pudlocks in the way so no lines and would easily do your job in two days.

lucius said:
As said no beads and if possible no scaff, a couple of lads i used to use done houses of ladder cripples all the time no ledgers or pudlocks in the way so no lines and would easily do your job in two days.
Cripples theres a thing ive not heard for a long time :D

A GUIDE TO PEBBLE DASHING

with all that done you can now bead up, put all the bell-cast beads on and the corner beads (IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THEM) most plasterers will never use corner beads as they do not offer enough depth for the stones to sit in the sand and cement and this will cause bald spots down the corners, but you can use the plastic external corner beads as they have plenty of room for the stones
EVEN KIRK SAID THAT LADS SO IM NO THE RONG ONE HERE IT UP TO YOU :p

steve cov said:
he can spend most of the day taking it off, as its only gonna take an hour max 2 scratch the front. the only beads are gonna be bellcast or stops at the bottom
or over windows and doors if needed ;)

you mean floor screeding yer man. Dont do dashing sorry my m8te dus do it so if i get a call for it i just send him for the job and get a drink out of it or ill help him it just dont appeal to me. 8)

carping said:
A GUIDE TO PEBBLE DASHING

with all that done you can now bead up, put all the bell-cast beads on and the corner beads (IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THEM) most plasterers will never use corner beads as they do not offer enough depth for the stones to sit in the sand and cement and this will cause bald spots down the corners, but you can use the plastic external corner beads as they have plenty of room for the stones
EVEN KIRK SAID THAT LADS SO IM NO THE RONG ONE HERE IT UP TO YOU :p

For Gods sake don't use Kirks guides as, well guides or you could really end up a creek, listen to some of the members that actually do all the different aspects of the trade and not the ones that just read and recite from books or the net. And that goes for all subjects.IMO ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.