dashing over dash

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

evening all i am tendering for 10 houses to re render 90% is sound dry pebble dash now we all no about these overcoating renders which would cost a small fourtune im thinking about just giving a good coat of sbr and banging on 1st coat of cpi followed by a standard dash receiver .can anyone foresee any problems with using the cpi over a dash im sure it will be fine but i just want to cover my arss. cheers paul.

hi guys, first post! yea ur job wil be fine,we do it a lot if the dash is tight we strach. backing coat, dry/roughcast dash and it be a sound job

I know where your coming from dave i have done myself straight on to old spar that was solid and never put a scratch coat on and it was fine the thing with dashing is it dont need to be dead flat as when you start throwing, the spar displaces the receiver but obviously the flatter it is the better the finish but not crucial to getting a good finish.

I did think about this option spunky but I'm using a product called scot rend which is pre bagged dash receiver and twice the price of cpi also there are areas which need some eml or mesh which I find hides better in a scratch . Thanks for the replys lads

CPI with a bit of sbr/lankolatex in the mix makes a lovely sticky pre rend. Pallet price of CPI bout £3.50 a bag so nice and cheap too. What you paying for it dude?

it has just went up about 12p per bag im getting a pallet for around 180 quid which is why we use the stuff its cheap but u get great results from it .you can also roughcast (wetdash) with it we love the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.