Danger Moments!!!!!

Members online

Clutch & Tap

Just thought after reading about the roofer who got fined for standing on a beam so high up, what is perhaps others experience with danger on site.?

My most dangerous moment came when I was on the mixer when I was younger, a stuck the shovel straight in and one of the paddles caught it. It went a full 360 and twated me in the back of the head.

18 stitchs and a long wait at A\E...

I nearly severed my fingers with a Stanley knife the other day, ok it was a mere flesh wound but blimey it bled a lot. Ive fell off scaffolds and stupid stuff before though.

I am terrified of heights so mine is tower up gable wall, wasn't high enough so put alloy hop up out, needed a bit more and in desperation put milk crate on top of that. I was so scared I could not let go of the roof tiles to get down. My friend labouring just pissed himself at my terror.

Though diesel mixer the handle didn't come out once. It was spinning like a good un and only thing I could think to do was drop the lid on it

Fell through a trap in scaffold on 2nd level few years back just a lot of bruises and fat cut leg.

Used to take a lot of speed when I was on the hod. Ran up to the top of a 21 foot ladder only to look down at the brickies on the first (and only) lift. How the bottom of ladder didn't kick out I'll never know. I was swaying about in breeze! Left the gear alone at work after that.

Had a dream last night someone made a hole in plasterboard stud wall I done, it looked like a glory hole so stuck my knob in it and a jack Russell bit it off ! Hospital sewed my big toe on as replacement . I don't bite my toe nails anymore !

Got cornered in a house by two dogs, one on the arm and the other on the leg, s**t myself, the one on my leg had the top of my boot so that didn't hurt, the other ripped my elbow up. The customer was in the field working so went to see him, told him what happened, he didn't say a word, he just went back to the house and shot the dogs, cold as fook and hard as nails, told me to come back once my arm was sorted to finish it and paid me up. Funny thing is the dog were lovely when I was chucking them bits of ham

Had a dream last night someone made a hole in plasterboard stud wall I done, it looked like a glory hole so stuck my knob in it and a jack Russell bit it off ! Hospital sewed my big toe on as replacement . I don't bite my toe nails anymore !

pmsl!!!!

Fell through an outhouse roof when I was rendering council houses in manchester. Crappy old rusty corrugated steel that should have been made safe but we were told to just get on with it.
I was stuck half way through, couldn't get up and couldn't reach the floor. Legs dangling in a proper Laurel and Hardy moment :rayos: cut to ribbons I was. Should have claimed against those c**ts!

Got cornered in a house by two dogs, one on the arm and the other on the leg, s**t myself, the one on my leg had the top of my boot so that didn't hurt, the other ripped my elbow up. The customer was in the field working so went to see him, told him what happened, he didn't say a word, he just went back to the house and shot the dogs, cold as fook and hard as nails, told me to come back once my arm was sorted to finish it and paid me up. Funny thing is the dog were lovely when I was chucking them bits of ham
I got pissed on by an excited springer spaniel when I went to look at a job recently.

Plumber I know fell through the ceiling in a posh bungalow years ago.....arse first, then he was trapped.....funniest thing was he'd just had a vasectomy and had a pair b*ll***s the size of baked spuds........we had to push his arse back up after we'd finished laughing.....

I was mixing sand and cement on a brick driveway as an apprentice and we had no stand. the old boys told me tip it on the ply board first. but I tipped it too far and the drum made contact with the floor and I got my foot tangled in the cable and "waltzed" down the drive with mixer load of slop covering the brick drive. old boys bollocked me and took me ages to clean the mess up and I could hear them sniggering about it when I was cleaning up

Had a few danger wanks to call the customer and bust one off before they get to the room. So burns my nob

Cutting rib lathe once it flicked back caught my finger cut straight back to knuckle I looked at it and thought wow that hurt no blood at first then a big rush of it bleeding so bad I nearly fainted bloke I was working with went that's a scratch put in a bag of multi that will sort it

Was cleaning up after a big mono job was freezing so decided to do some star jumps to keep warm, lad working with me put drill on floor twisted ankle on it and broke it pot for 6 week. Tried to catch Stanley knife automatic reaction went straight into artery, squirting everywhere scary as f**k.

I fell of a ladder once that slid on a green flag. I was patching a tiny bit of render when it went from under me. The trowel in my right hand sliced my left thumb to the bone. Threw a vinyl glove on to finish the job and 10 minutes later the glove was completely red with blood. Shot to the local walk in centre and the waiting room full of people were wrenching with the blood dripping everywhere :vomito: only took a few stitches to sort it.
Nerves are still tingly in that thumb and when I touch the scar it sends a shock down my hand :(

Fell through an outhouse roof when I was rendering council houses in manchester. Crappy old rusty corrugated steel that should have been made safe but we were told to just get on with it.
I was stuck half way through, couldn't get up and couldn't reach the floor. Legs dangling in a proper Laurel and Hardy moment :rayos: cut to ribbons I was. Should have claimed against those c**ts!

ouch

I had to go and plaster after another plasterer had fallen off his hop up and severed his leg... the carpet was like a crime scene