Damproofing Advice

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambretta-Tom

Hi yall after a bit of advice on a area of plastering am not to fimiliar with

My mate has had a damproofing company in to inject his walls and render up to a meater ish,
He could not be on the job when they wer doing it, but when he poped by on his dinner he asked them if they had injected the walls and where was the tools etc for doing it and the guy said he used them and put it straight back in the van ::) is there any way he can tel if its been done or just been renderd with water proofer

Bit vauge i know but any help would be apriciated

hes knocked a few sections off and cant see any holes wher it would have been injected would they be a residue or a cream etc

using the old injection pump with multiple lances is an old skool method these days...
the new gel / creams are injected either by a mastic gun (slow) or a pressurised container with a single 10mm lance..
holes are drilled in every perp along the dpc line and filled with s+c mixed with sbr..
depending on the type of property its either done from both sides or 'double drilled'...
double drilling was usually carried out using the old injection pump method where the actuall brick was drilled to 50mm depth, injected then drilled right through and 50mm into the next brick beyond and injected..
probably wont work with cream this method though and because drilling the mortar joints is unobtrusive compared to drilling bricks and filling the holes with plugs i'd expect them to be done from outside too..
the render should not cover the drilled and injected area so as not to 'bridge' the chemical dpc so all drilling and pointing will be visible..

Cheers Lads

Its definatly not been drilled from outside as hesaid he could not get to it because of the bushes at the front of the house, on further inspection of the walls tonight there doesw not apear to have holes drilled any where there are a few old holes but these do not show signes of and residue cream etc if it had been internally done they should be holes ? if so at what distance etc ?

I think the guy had just renderd the walls with water proofer and playing the game it was hacked off ready for them and beads supplyd only around 30m2 cost around £600 took them a day and a half and the render looks like it was put on with a spoon :(

holes are either:
2 per brick, drilled into the brick 50mm from each end in the case of high pressure silicon solution injection
or
either every perp (vertical joint) or in the mortar joint at dpc level every 200mm or so... theyll be visible cos theyll have been pointed back up with fresh mortar... just not as obtrusive as drilling the brick but visible all the same..

so, as the lads say.. youve been had mate, or your mate has.. if theyre not immediately obvious toyou (without knocking off any render) then it aint been drilled.. simple as..

sorry to hear this..
:mad:

Lambretta-Tom said:
Cheers Lads

Its definatly not been drilled from outside as hesaid he could not get to it because of the bushes at the front of the house, on further inspection of the walls tonight there doesw not apear to have holes drilled any where there are a few old holes but these do not show signes of and residue cream etc if it had been internally done they should be holes ? if so at what distance etc ?

I think the guy had just renderd the walls with water proofer and playing the game it was hacked off ready for them and beads supplyd only around 30m2 cost around £600 took them a day and a half and the render looks like it was put on with a spoon :(

yep hes had his pants pulled down but hey if he cuts them bushes it might sort out his damp problem... ;)

sounds like a pee take but old flynnymans got a point...
i did a refurb for a bloke years ago on a multi occupancy house....
damp patch on the downstairs hallway wall...
cause - all the rubbish piled up against the outside....
remedy - remove rubbish, hack out bad bit, replaster, job done.

lucius said:
What did you expect for £600
Lucius

Read the thread before you reply with a view let alone a pointless one ;)

cheers to the the other guys for the views hes got him comming back today am gona pop in and have a word also

I assumed maybe wrongly that 30m2 of rendering would mean 30mlinear of injecting i would expect to pay more than £600 for this amount of injecting and rendering, did he get any other prices?
Lucius.

He new there was a rabbit off from the start

All sorted now the guy came back out and tryd to say he had done it and ask if we wer trying to pull a fast one after a bit of talking to he admitted to not doing it :mad: and asked if he could come back on monday to put it right :eek: and he would need £100 for materials ;D You can probly imagine what the response was and he left without a penny.

What a chancer how many people has he done makes ya sick

Lambretta-Tom said:
He new there was a rabbit off from the start

All sorted now the guy came back out and tryd to say he had done it and ask if we wer trying to pull a fast one after a bit of talking to he admitted to not doing it :mad: and asked if he could come back on monday to put it right :eek: and he would need £100 for materials ;D You can probly imagine what the response was and he left without a penny.

What a chancer how many people has he done makes ya sick

has the damp gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.