Damp

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a damp problem to solve for a mates rates job. Any advice on damp proofing and replastering welcome. I am gonna inject dryzone cream externaly and hack of internal wall a meter above the damp and then use a waterproof render with salt inhibitors like kingfisher or soverign ready render and skim as normal. What would u do.?

Is it single or double skin brickwork? If it's double skin, then it's worth using Dryzone on the inner skin as well.

It's good gear, I've used it a few times and it's worked each time.

MFW said:
Is it single or double skin brickwork? If it's double skin, then it's worth using Dryzone on the inner skin as well.

It's good gear, I've used it a few times and it's worked each time.
. It's double skin, good tip about doing internal wall with the dryzone, never even thought of that, Cheers!

Dryzone and the other similar alternatives are best suited to treating rising damp. They can be used for penetrating damp but it'll cost you a fortune as you need to drill at 200mm centres both horizontally and vertically.

Have you traced the source of the damp? If it's penetrating damp then an SBR tanking slurry would be a better option

Roofer2plasterer said:
Got a damp problem to solve for a mates rates job. Any advice on damp proofing and replastering welcome. I am gonna inject dryzone cream externaly and hack of internal wall a meter above the damp and then use a waterproof render with salt inhibitors like kingfisher or soverign ready render and skim as normal. What would u do.?

whats the problem?

flynnyman said:
Roofer2plasterer said:

whats the problem?
DAMP ??? ::)

warriorupnorth said:
flynnyman said:
Roofer2plasterer said:

whats the problem?
DAMP ??? ::)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeh, i see.....................OK just waste your time with all the products mentioned then start another post in a couple of weeks called "damp came back" :)

warriorupnorth said:
Or Damp still here, or damp rising in bedroom :D ;) ;)

or "damp still hasnt dried" or "why is my paint peeling" or "why do my walls taste like salt" or "how do i get rid of wood lice" or "im sick of plastering think i'll go back to roofing" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.