Damp spots.

Members online

mikejchapman

Ive seen a previous thread on damp dab spots. I had my garage converted a few years ago and have always had cold spots where rhe dabs are, they fade a bit depending on the weather but are almost always there. The wall is a double skinned cavity wall so i cant understand why this should be happening? In one corner the wall has a tiny bit of black again from the moisture. From what i can see the moisture is being drawn in, but why and how can i stop it? Does it mean there is rubble in the cavity? Id really like to get it sorted!
047d4e14ff71d4fc1e203374d13d9953.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The simple bit is to say it's cold/damp bridging to, or getting onto, the inner leaf. Probably, although not definitely from outside and above. The difficult bit, and it's impossible to do more than guess and give some possibilities via a forum, is to find the cause.

It could be condensation because the cavity isn't vented, water leaking in at roof level, wall ties sloping inwards instead of outwards, mortar snots not cleaned off, a leaking extractor duct and so on. You need to get someone out to look at it who knows what they're doing. That group would not include a damp proofing muppet who offers to inject, treat, coat or wave JuJu beads at it.

Ive seen a previous thread on damp dab spots. I had my garage converted a few years ago and have always had cold spots where rhe dabs are, they fade a bit depending on the weather but are almost always there. The wall is a double skinned cavity wall so i cant understand why this should be happening? In one corner the wall has a tiny bit of black again from the moisture. From what i can see the moisture is being drawn in, but why and how can i stop it? Does it mean there is rubble in the cavity? Id really like to get it sorted!
047d4e14ff71d4fc1e203374d13d9953.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Post up some better pics

You would of had building regs for garage conversion
Would usually batten wall & use insulated plasterboard to meet regs

It’s to busy up yours

You're off the hook. I've got my dancing monkey now. It starts with following me about pressing the negative rating buttons and pretty soon, the dancing will begin.

Identified himself as the top candidate, you might say.

You're off the hook. I've got my dancing monkey now. It starts with following me about pressing the negative rating buttons and pretty soon, the dancing will begin.

Identified himself as the top candidate, you might say.
I’ve sussed you out and find you amusing so we can agree to have this imaginary line that we won’t cross and just laugh at each other having banter with others