Damp proofing with sovereign

Members online

Hey all im new here today, i said hi in another section... just wondering if anyone as encountered a problem i seem to have hit today... firstly i do a lot of damp proofing all the work is guarenteed through sovereign.. i use the labour staking.. anti-sulphate,SBR,K11 method, just received some specifications lists from sovereign and they wanting me to go 1500mm high as apposed to the 1000... anyone else had this problem?
Thanks in advance

Well I usually go to either 1200mm or 1500mm depends really on ground conditions.

I have never really seen rising damp above 1200mm its all dependant on substrate and the conditions.

We all have our own methods of working, DPC injection is far too hit and miss that is why I really go to town on the re-rendering spec.

I tried the dryzone injection method not too long ago but i really cannot see that working.. i always prefer the SBR,K11 method simply for the guarentee. Never had 1 come back at the old 1000mm so dont know why they upped 50% on to the height, thought it was to lone their own pockets with materials

Hi been using dryzone injection method for a long time now but always floating out with tilcon limelite or drycoat never had any problems.

So you would recommend it @lee1973? I had a rep come out on a job explaining how it works by creating a dpc but couldnt really imagine it been all that good, used it a few times but not really had the test of time as to wether it will come back

Last edited by a moderator:
Mortar bed injection is fantastic. . They are bba approved. ... and I regularly take off more than 1m as our spec is to take off 500mm above any readings do damp. As for tanking all the walls and no injection cannot be doing the bricks and mortar and good.

The bulk of my work is usually on random stone so I usually tank, never seen a stone on the beach degrade so really all your doing is waterproofing the mortar beds.

I am a big fan of the K11 + SBR method it works well for me, but on brick I think I would inject and then use a SBR render on the backing coat then use a renderlite/limelite float.

Its all about having the right solution for the type of construction, solid walls are a completely different problem compared to cavity construction

The bulk of my work is usually on random stone so I usually tank, never seen a stone on the beach degrade so really all your doing is waterproofing the mortar beds.

I am a big fan of the K11 + SBR method it works well for me, but on brick I think I would inject and then use a SBR render on the backing coat then use a renderlite/limelite float.

Its all about having the right solution for the type of construction, solid walls are a completely different problem compared to cavity construction
We have a lot of stone built villages round our way,some limestone some iron stone and some both,iron stone can be extremely soft(dependant on quarry) so may have to be carful in that situation,:RpS_thumbup:

Yeah porous stone anything soft like sandstone etc I think needs to be injected, I use envirojet its better to use a liquid more than the cream as with stone its all very hit and miss so you need to but a good volume of fluid in there and also its a lot cheaper.

Hello

Where I'm from we have terrible problems with rising dampness causing structural damage to chalk walls.

Well said there Ray, any porous substrate is going to be a nightmare, frost damage etc.

But years ago they had to build with the cheapest materials to hand, and bricks cost a fortune in them days.

Hey all im new here today, i said hi in another section... just wondering if anyone as encountered a problem i seem to have hit today... firstly i do a lot of damp proofing all the work is guarenteed through sovereign.. i use the labour staking.. anti-sulphate,SBR,K11 method, just received some specifications lists from sovereign and they wanting me to go 1500mm high as apposed to the 1000... anyone else had this problem?
Thanks in advance
It's 1.5m from external ground" if your tanking.
If your injecting and rendering the British standard is: minimum 1m from external ground or 300mm past last signs of salt contamination whichever is the greater

The 1.5m tanking is only in leu of a DPC as far as my knowledge goes.

Irrelevant of if it is and external or internal wall.