Damp proofing sump pumps etc

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spreadeasy

Hi all would appreciate some feed back queries with this. I have done various damp proofing jos with dry zone and forced silicone injection but never went out my depth with it, a mate of mine is currently buying a flat with serious damp problems and part of the survey involved a damp company quoting on a perimeter drainage and sump pump he's on a budget would like some input please?

Too vague to comment in depth,but serious damp issues would make me want to buy elsewhere, sump pumps are used in basements to draw off any water ingress ing ,posssibly the flat is below water table, perimeter drainage, French drainage ?

used to fit a lot of this when we did cellar conversions, what do you want to know?
I presume the flat is below ground. there straightforward enough to set up. they require a drainage channel around the room/s to run to the pump. they are just run off a 240v supply and have a back up charge in case of power failure. there about 1000 plus vat to buy
the biggest pain is digging out a hole for it to sit in as there around 800mm in height, so that needs digging below floor level, cant get a digger in, that's out through clay by hand, no fun.

Thanks for advice but ironically the flat is at a top of a hill not personally had the chance to inspect it my self but trying to help mate out!

eh it might be at the top of a hill, but the house can still be below ground cant it

Photos might help, as I ain't done the 2 day course on telepathic surveying :RpS_blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.