Damp proofing job london

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPlas91

Just been to look at a job in colliers wood south London. There's rising damp under a bay window and a customer is insisting on having he's walls injected. any DECENT damp proofing company's want the guys number to check it out?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Why don't you inject it? You can get cartridges these days just pump it in with a silicon gun

There was only the slightest bit of damp all the floor boards were sold still no rotting on the floor joists either it was a old house I offered to float and skim with a decent proofer and sealer and he said no. I will pass that on thanks

There was only the slightest bit of damp all the floor boards were sold still no rotting on the floor joists either it was a old house I offered to float and skim with a decent proofer and sealer and he said no. I will pass that on thanks

Just give them my number I feck it up then you'll be back soon to put me mess right

I read somewhere u can get a special type of fixing that works like a plug..

You can.

Here's a link

http://www.sovchem.co.uk/tanking/membranes/delta-ms-plugs-11mmx70mm.html

Little tip, spend time getting the membrane dead level when you fix it.
Then the plugs will go down a straight line of dimples.
Screw through your batten while it's off the wall taking care to line the points up with the holes on the plugs this makes it easier and also avoids puncturing the membrane.
If space isn't limited then a stud wall built in front is the way forward.

If the walls are pretty in even I'll dab boards on.
Just put the dab where the fixing is or it tends to want to make the membrane sag/float off the wall making your boards all wonky

Instead of doing that knock the walls off treat with anti sulphate then SBR render coat, tank, float, skim, fit skirting's.
Its that easy, don't hide it treat it :tonto:

Instead of doing that knock the walls off treat with anti sulphate then SBR render coat, tank, float, skim, fit skirting's.

[emoji23][emoji23] putting a membrane on the walls or tanking them your still going to get moisture in the brick/block/stone!
There no different in what they do which is to provide a moisture free surface to work off.

You'll only get water running through the walls of your below ground.
If anything tanking will create static pressure behind it which when done with crap materials or not properly will fail.
Membrane allows the water to flow and is then carried away into a sump/pump and to a drain which means your getting rid of it!

They both have there uses.

Right well next time your down the swimming baths have a look for the membrane ?

You obviously prefer that system them if it suits you then fine, seen the pump systems before and they fail, seen over a dozen that have.

Good luck to you with your membranes, but I hope you stand by your guarantees your issuing.

Right well next time your down the swimming baths have a look for the membrane ?

You obviously prefer that system them if it suits you then fine, seen the pump systems before and they fail, seen over a dozen that have.

Good luck to you with your membranes, but I hope you stand by your guarantees your issuing.

You couldn't of used a more irrelevant example there.
We were talking about habitable dwellings in the thread and now you come at me with a swimming pool!
Try a bit harder next time but a swimming pool is perfect for tanking because that's what you need to do....create a tank for the water to hold.

There's no difference in guarantees issued, if the proper products are used they both have BBA approval and are insurance backed so no different in that respect.

Tanking or membrane same difference, in both the symptoms are addressed not the causes, the example of swimming pool only relevant if you tank outside of building to prevent ingress, which would work very well if that were the source of damp.

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Haha sorry but I prefer to do it old school and do the job right. Never had one failure in my work.
What I meant about a swimming pool is that you make out that tanking is not flexible and likely to crack. if this was true then why don't swimming pools suffer that fate?
You obviously prefer to the membrane I prefer to use tanking each to there own. I have seen more failures in the membrane systems than cement based tanking.
Take a chill pill dude its just dampness :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.