Damp proofing basement

Members online

No members online now.

loky11

Now guys,

What do you guys do to damp proof basements? I was going to hack off from floor to ceiling, 2 coats of tanking slurry then render with waterproofer then skim? Don't want any comebacks, previous builder been kicked off job, he's chopped halfway up tanked then dri coated bottom and left the top completely, started studding it off and boarded with foil back boards, but the smell of damp down there is strong.

Loads of systems for basement waterproofing, if you’re going down the tanking slurry and plastering route, then ld go for a renovating plaster rather than s&c render. As with all damp basements drying out with ventilation or heating and dehumidifier is key.

Loads of systems for basement waterproofing, if you’re going down the tanking slurry and plastering route, then ld go for a renovating plaster rather than s&c render. As with all damp basements drying out with ventilation or heating and dehumidifier is key.

Thanks, its going to be a kitchen for a cafe so I'm guessing theyl need some sort of extraction in there it's the condensation im concerned about with there being no ventilation down there.

Straight forward this one...damp proof membrane Permaguard PB2 followed by Celotex 27.5mm insulated plasterboards (with vapour control layer)

I avoid these they baffle my head. So many ways to skin a cat. One thing I would say is I’d avoid s/c. Think it’s all round crap for damp
Speaking of cats. Here kitty kitty
20191003_120617.jpg