Damp proof

Hi ive got a job to overskim a few walls in a house which has had damp the damp proofer has drilled small holes in the bottom of the walls and has said not to plaster over these he injected something into these holes not sure what it was but I wanted to no can I plaster over these or not thanks.

Hi ive got a job to overskim a few walls in a house which has had damp the damp proofer has drilled small holes in the bottom of the walls and has said not to plaster over these he injected something into these holes not sure what it was but I wanted to no can I plaster over these or not thanks.

The fact he has said not to surely means NO.

If you do you will breach his damp course and invalidate any guarantee.

Plaster just above as youll bridge the damp course. They should be at floor level or thereabouts and will be covered by skirting anyway

Thanks was just doubtful of the damp proofer as he spoke alot of bo**ocks holes just about covered by skirting so wanted to plaster lower so can get a decent fix with the skirting board

Thanks was just doubtful of the damp proofer as he spoke alot of bo**ocks holes just about covered by skirting so wanted to plaster lower so can get a decent fix with the skirting board
Rip down a roofing batten to the required thickness fix it to the wall so you'll have something to fire up the skirting

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This I why shouldn't separate things like this, they should have done the plastering too or at least floaTed with sand/cement for you to skim. The customer is the loser here if it goes wrong as there will be blaming each other. As said above large skirting should be specked on these which the damp proofer should also have told the customer at pricing stage.

This I why shouldn't separate things like this, they should have done the plastering too or at least floaTed with sand/cement for you to skim. The customer is the loser here if it goes wrong as there will be blaming each other. As said above large skirting should be specked on these which the damp proofer should also have told the customer at pricing stage.
Agree

Exactly what I read into this!!! The damp proofer will be rubbing his hands knowing he can shift blame if the treatment doesn't work.

I always use 15mm pvc stop beads just above the injection holes. Makes it loads easier for floating too and you know your never gonna accidentally bridge the dpc and it looks neater as well

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

I always use 15mm pvc stop beads just above the injection holes. Makes it loads easier for floating too and you know your never gonna accidentally bridge the dpc and it looks neater as well

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Bit ott mate but I know you like your plastic beads.:)

You had damp problem in your house.Chemical injection of walls to create a damp-course is a technique to protect your wall from damp.It is called the silicone damp-course.For this reason, sections of plaster will often have to be replaced as part of an effective rising damp treatment strategy.

You had damp problem in your house.Chemical injection of walls to create a damp-course is a technique to protect your wall from damp.It is called the silicone damp-course.For this reason, sections of plaster will often have to be replaced as part of an effective rising damp treatment strategy.
Can you explain rising damp Coz I think it's black magic or a misdiagnosed damp problem.

Show us your tits luv