Damp patch on newly plastered wall

AndrewLM

Hi all,

I have had my wall replastered approximately 2 months ago and I have this patch that persists.

I have kept the room well ventilated and have recently had the heating on to try and encourage the dark area to dry out (although it is not particularly damp).

I have been told to gently hairdry the area which seems to work slightly before reverting back.

Does anyone have any idea of the cause of this and the next steps I should take?

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-31 at 19.34.47 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-31 at 19.34.47 (1).jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 384
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-08-31 at 19.34.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-31 at 19.34.47.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 376
Hi all,

I have had my wall replastered approximately 2 months ago and I have this patch that persists.

I have kept the room well ventilated and have recently had the heating on to try and encourage the dark area to dry out (although it is not particularly damp).

I have been told to gently hairdry the area which seems to work slightly before reverting back.

Does anyone have any idea of the cause of this and the next steps I should take?

Thanks
ye got bigger problems pal that skim job looks shiite...you've been Nathed.

Hi guys, thanks for your comments.

I may have been done over but if someone could suggest what I can actually do to fix the issue that would really be appreciated.

Hi all,

Thanks
@John j

What is the other side of that area?
Why did the job need doing?
Had the original plaster blown due to water ingress that is still ingressing?

Hi all,

Thanks
1 have a look outside if thers a problem
2 if ther is sort it out
3 hack wet bit out leave it to dry
4 fill back and over skim again but a nicer job
Or hack the place scratch coat and insolated boards

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.

As a bit of background, I had a damp patch on the far right side of the area that has been replastered. I investigated the outside and found that a guttering problem had led to water eroding the brickwork and I got that fixed.

I then ripped the wallpaper off to expose the old damaged plasterwork. The plasterer then removed the plaster from the brickwork (pictured) and then replastered.

The damp patch that I previously had is nowhere near where this dark staining currently is.

I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-02 at 17.34.17 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-02 at 17.34.17 (1).jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 218
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-02 at 17.34.17.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-02 at 17.34.17.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 213
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-09-02 at 17.28.51.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-02 at 17.28.51.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 213
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.

As a bit of background, I had a damp patch on the far right side of the area that has been replastered. I investigated the outside and found that a guttering problem had led to water eroding the brickwork and I got that fixed.

I then ripped the wallpaper off to expose the old damaged plasterwork. The plasterer then removed the plaster from the brickwork (pictured) and then replastered.

The damp patch that I previously had is nowhere near where this dark staining currently is.

I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
My thoughts are I’m off Friday till Tuesday and I can’t wait to get pissed up!
Wish me luck!

Hi all,

Thanks
Chuck flour at it!???

sorry…wrong damp spot!