Damp patch on new plaster

Members online

Rhi_rosie

Hi

Have had whole house replasted recently and turns out the guy was a cowboy. One of the problems we have been left with is damp patches on walls. Some patches appearing on interior walls and not by pipes so let’s assume it’s not caused from DPC or pipes etc.
The patch in the picture is the worst, it is on the chimney breast which was boarded and plastered. We have tried using zisner primer and whatever we do we keep getting this patch returning. Any thoughts on the cause (chimney is ventilated) and/or suggestions for treatment?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 67F5A24D-BE77-4ECB-8E10-939793B9D878.jpeg
    67F5A24D-BE77-4ECB-8E10-939793B9D878.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 475
Hi

Have had whole house replasted recently and turns out the guy was a cowboy. One of the problems we have been left with is damp patches on walls. Some patches appearing on interior walls and not by pipes so let’s assume it’s not caused from DPC or pipes etc.
The patch in the picture is the worst, it is on the chimney breast which was boarded and plastered. We have tried using zisner primer and whatever we do we keep getting this patch returning. Any thoughts on the cause (chimney is ventilated) and/or suggestions for treatment?

Thanks.
sorry to hear your problems but you should sort your external work before internal work a plasterer cant cause damp from reskims not knock him

He's still a cowboy though weather he did it or not... I'm not even commenting anymore when people post for opinions. If you have to ask if it's bad it's obviously is. But this poor guy hasn't even done anything wrong

@Rhi_rosie , I would also have someone have a look at the pointing on your chimney stack. Out of curiosity was the old fireplace removed prior to commencement of the plastering works or was it removed by the plastering contractor.

Hi.
Thanks for feed back

Have checked and chimney is capped. Also not the only patch just the worst one.

Lastly cowboy due to the awful job every where, ruined sofas, ruined carpets, radiators left off walls and many many other issues.

Thanks.

Hi.
Thanks for feed back

Have checked and chimney is capped. Also not the only patch just the worst one.

Lastly cowboy due to the awful job every where, ruined sofas, ruined carpets, radiators left off walls and many many other issues.

Thanks.
Have you anymore pictures?,something does’nt add up here.

Have you anymore pictures?,something does’nt add up here.
agree i would like to see some more photos, there's something coming through the wall that's for sure that damp patch is not the fault of the plasterer .i would hack off that patch and see whats going on behind it

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the plasterer not doing a plumbers work.

I try to keep busy while waiting for plaster to pick up, sometimes i’ll Service the boiler or install some nice spot lights.

Wow. Ok so may not essentially be his job but will you also be defending the damage? I am so glad that you are being so helpful, how glad I am that I decided to ask for some help and advise.

Wow. Ok so may not essentially be his job but will you also be defending the damage? I am so glad that you are being so helpful, how glad I am that I decided to ask for some help and advise.

You haven't sent any photos of any damage.

No but I’d need to see it first.

My concern is that if you expect a plasterer to remove radiators (plumbers job) then perhaps you have unreal expectations.

So I don’t want to rip the plasterer until see some evidence.

Also damp issues nothing to do with spread.

Damp issues should have been rectified by a damp proof expert prior to skimming.