Damp inhibitor

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsnook

Will Plaster adhere to a wall that has been treated with a damp inhibitor ?
Thanks in advance for your input

There is a damp area on the wall, after stripping the existing paper and removing any loose plaster, we will endevour to dry the wall, after it is dry we will apply a damp proof paint, to restrict the dampness retuning. It is our intention to then plaster the wall. My question is will the plaster stick to this damp proof paint ?
Thanks...

What's causin the damp? Solve the damp problem first, what size of area are you talkin bout mate?

There is a damp area on the wall, after stripping the existing paper and removing any loose plaster, we will endevour to dry the wall, after it is dry we will apply a damp proof paint, to restrict the dampness retuning. It is our intention to then plaster the wall. My question is will the plaster stick to this damp proof paint ?
Thanks...

Your wastingyour time & money in diy damp proof paint. Like fatarm says find the cause of the damp first then you can remedy the problem to prevent it occuring again. which is what will happen just using dampproof paint

As Fatarm said ,cure the problem first ,if you buy some simply cure from B&Q ,it will bite you on the bum !with respect

Last edited:
Your wastingyour time & money in diy damp proof paint. Like fatarm says find the cause of the damp first then you can remedy the problem to prevent it occuring again. which is what will happen just using dampproof paint
why does your reply sound better :RpS_crying:

Thanks...
Is that the royal we? .Come on catsnook you can tell us, are you the Queen having a go at a bit of D I Y.:RpS_biggrin:

Thank you for your comments, The area is small, under a window and close to the floor. The house does have a damp course. It could just be condensation as the house hasnt been lived in for over a year. We will just dry it out and take it from there, thanks again.

Thank you for your comments, The area is small, under a window and close to the floor. The house does have a damp course. It could just be condensation as the house hasnt been lived in for over a year. We will just dry it out and take it from there, thanks again.
Is it ground floor ?

If it is just in the one area ,you could be right on condensation ,but check outside for poor pointing or cracking in the render and also raised ground level

Last edited:
We have just bought the house so are unsure about the history, but the pointing looks good, no cracking to the render and there is Acrington bricks (2 bricks high) all around the house.

Thanks for those questions, It is an ex council house so probably 1960's, It was a cash purchase so we didn't have a surveyors report, The house is in very good condition except for this minor problem. We are hoping it is condensation, but with winter approaching it doesn't seem practical to have the windows open. We will get a dehumidifier and take it from there.

Do you mind catsnook , i am not sexist in any way. It was only meant as a bit of banter and i am sorry if i offended you and all i can say is sorry .:-( Now pop your pants back on and go and make us a cup o tea luv.:RpS_wink:

Maybe he wants to be the king.

Anyhow, whatever you do, don't waste your money on 'damp-proof paint'

Just try the dehumidifier as you've said, with some heating on as well :RpS_thumbup:

What are you seeing on the wall???? If its a black mould its deffo condensation just wash off with bleach. Probably from the housing been empty and shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.