Members online

damp in between coats

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwi

i have a job to do over the summer where the roof on the house has been bodged and water has trickled down the wall between the 1st and 2nd coat as a result of this and the bad weather we have had over the winter most of top coat has blown the top coat comes off a treat but scratch is abit more stubborne i would prefere to remove it all but i am on a price ;).now i was wanting to spray the top coat with cpi gp mortar but its obviously over a s&c scratch has anyone ever tried this and to what effect .

it should be okay as long as topcoat is weaker ask cpi what the mix ratio is for gp i know weber ocr comes in three strenghts not sure about cpi

any backing mortar should generally be a stronger polymer than any top coat product so i wouldnt worry too much about that especially if you are using the same brands. on a price i would hit it as long as the backing looks ok

we have done it and aslong as the scratch has waterproofer in its ok, if not it could do with a soaking but it does go quite nice especialy with cpi

Give the old scratch a wash down solution of sbr and water mixed at 9;1 it will stabilise the backing coat and reduce the suction to a manageable level without killing it

The job was a right mess it was done with silica sand top coat and you can scratch it of with your nails as far as waterproofer I really don't no what they done doesn't seem to draw much moisture and I'd say it looks like a 4 maybe 5 to 1 scratch I'm hoping a good soak will do the job dnt want to go down the route of sbr

Status
Not open for further replies.