Damp help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeadams1985

Private Member
Evening all, so after reskimming the room, and leaving to dry then applying a couple of miss coats of paint i have noticed damp in the wall. So can anyone advise?

The house is built in 1880 it is a Victorian property.
The walls in question(there 2) one is internal seems to possibly be on both sides and one again internal where it joins next door. (semi detached)
Spoken with next door and they have no damp on there side.
The walls in question where stripped of all wallpaper and pva'd then skimmed.

ground floor is all concrete floor.

any help appreciated as im battling this house and want to get it finished asap!

here are some photos

20140703_115323.jpg

20140703_115332.jpg

20140703_115319.jpg

20140703_115349.jpg

Looks quite bad, no real gap between floor and wall, try heaters or dehumidifier, did you just skim? What was there before the new skim?

The plaster was dry, the bottom looked a little different shaded but dry.

it was paper on paint on plaster before

so i went back to paint pva and skim.

Ive had that fire on full wack! no joy!
I get the feeling it is rising thru the floor.

The plaster was dry, the bottom looked a little different shaded but dry.

it was paper on paint on plaster before

so i went back to paint pva and skim.

Ive had that fire on full wack! no joy!
I get the feeling it is rising thru the floor.
Was the paint vinyl? Back a bit off the bottom and see what the backing coat is?

I would have tanked the fcker!! There will be no cavity just 9" thick walls, I've just injected these before and not hand any come backs but I'm still not convinced so decided I'm tanking all walls without a cavity these days..

Could use a DPM system that maybe more cost effective than tanking..

I would have tanked the fcker!! There will be no cavity just 9" thick walls, I've just injected these before and not hand any come backs but I'm still not convinced so decided I'm tanking all walls without a cavity these days..

Could use a DPM system that maybe more cost effective than tanking..
K11 or ka or sika ?

They look like thermalites to me ,sorry if i spell it wrong ,which takes all the rising damp out of the game ,well if they have a plastic dpc

Status
Not open for further replies.