damp black mold, blown render

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

Hi. I have bad damp black spots, which are worse in the far 2 bedrooms. I wipe any moisture off the windows,use a dehumidifier for 2 hours in the morning (windows closed) then I open a window, then finally I close window about 7pm and use the dehumidifier again for 2 hours. I have keep the heating on most of the day and the thermostat is set between 18-20 throughout the day. I have 10 roof vents, new vented fascias and sofits, new anglian windows and eaves are well maintained with EPS.
The problem I have is that the render was applied by the previous owner around 1985, I have a (Y) shaped surface crack on the gable wall at the top. I think the damp is from the render, but could anyone add any expertise to this? I would like the render totally removed and redone. Some plasterers have said that not all the render needs removing, but others say it does. To be honest I'm so fed up that I want it all off and redone. Can any one help and advice. I have a young child with a disability, so the mold is a concern. The house has a side extension up and downstairs and built from blocks. Thank you and happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.