Damp barrier/ internal wall treatment

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingaard

Has anyone got any suggestions please? I have some damp sloping walls on the top floor of a house. This is coming through from the roof and its dormer. The roof re-furb is going to cost a lot and I just don't have the cash right now, but I will have to do this next year.
In the meantime does anyone have any ideas as to what barrier or coating I can put over the lime plaster to stop the damp coming through. A few years back I had something similar for a client, which we did a bitumen coat, EML, then sand cement render and multi-finish. I cant really do that this time as its is someones bedroom and I really need a quick stop-gap until mid next year. PVA maybe ??? Cheers

If you've got an ingress of water from the roof then the only way to stop that is to sort the roof rather than trying to stop it coming through the wall.......................which you wont.........................welcome to the forum by the way

absolutley no chance of quick fix. agree with above fix roof 100% first. then knock off water damaged, spray with anti sulphate then waterproof render and skim

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Definitely needs the roof doing, then the internal might not need doing :rolleyes)

In the meantime you could always put one of these over the bed :RpS_unsure:

nice one bubbs, thinking outside the box..............................:RpS_wink:

Yep, agreed on sorting the roof obviously, but I need to improve it now, not fix it.... that'll happen when Ive got the cash ......................

Agreed - I cant fix it (Im no roofer) and I CANT afford it now, but if I can make it more livable in , then I will ...:RpS_crying:

I have a few barrels of snake oil, but its a first come first served basis and once its gone its gone. (until the courier deliverers some more sun flower oil) opps :flapper:

Status
Not open for further replies.