Dabbing trowel

madmonk

Private Member
What do we prefer using for dabbing some use a trowel others use a small gauging trowel just wondering on opinions

Djr

I use 11 inch mt. Don't use up loads of adhesive that way using a gauger eats the stuff imo

Smudger1

I use an old ragni trowel put a bit on edge with bucket trowel and away you go.

Vincey

Private Member
I use a bg trowel they came out about 10 years ago

essexandy

The Lake Governor
I use 11 inch mt. Don't use up loads of adhesive that way using a gauger eats the stuff imo
Are you one of those who wants to get four boards fixed out of one bag of adhesive?

Djr

No I picture frame my dabbing as I don't supply the adhesive it anything bigger than 11 inch trowel uses loads of it up unnecessarily

Groove37

Bucket trowel straight out of tub I get about 3 boards to a bag depending on how good walls are

Only one thing more painful to watch then some one useing bucket trowel is someone putting adeshive on board

Djr

I've worked with plent who use a bucket trowel to dab . There dabs are the size of hardhats

No I picture frame my dabbing as I don't supply the adhesive it anything bigger than 11 inch trowel uses loads of it up unnecessarily
Got to be done that way now aint it? Frame n dots air tight?

beader

Private Member
Anyone dabbed using those Habito boards.?

Always do solid on joints did a old house once and one wall had air line cracks on each joint ( and yes I taped up And seen it on other jobs). Customer was a mate and asked why it happened.said it wall vibrating from you n wife arguing n slamming door

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Always do solid on joints did a old house once and one wall had air line cracks on each joint ( and yes I taped up And seen it on other jobs). Customer was a mate and asked why it happened.said it wall vibrating from you n wife arguing n slamming door
Did the arguing settle down?

Topspread16

Handboard and trowel, don’t do solid dabs around the edges, 4 rows of 7 but 5 at skirt line.

Handboard and trowel, don’t do solid dabs around the edges, 4 rows of 7 but 5 at skirt line.
A very picky builder asked me how many screws i use in a plaster board once. Told me whats meant to be used. He said how many do you use . I said depends how many screws i.ve got lol

essexandy

The Lake Governor
A very picky builder asked me how many screws i use in a plaster board once. Told me whats meant to be used. He said how many do you use . I said depends how many screws i.ve got lol
Did he settle for that answer?